Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

overcharging 100 diesel landcruiser

Badice

Country Flag
iceland
Hi I´m having some problem, my 100 cruiser is charging 14.3 volts when idle but with charge light on and when I rev it the light goes out but alternator is charging up to 15.9 volts, when I measure with voltmeter without anything changing idle goes charge from 14.3-15.9 volts and charging light comes on and off. I bought remanufactured alternator from toyota and they thought it was faulty so I got another and still the same, I changed the plug on rear of alternator and still same any thoughts...
best regards
Baddi

Last edited:
Hi Baddi and welcome to the forum.

The first thing to say is don't use it like this or you will destroy your batteries.

Secondly see if the voltage sensing connection is connected. This is a fairly thin wire which will link directly to one or other battery terminal with a fuse or fusible link in the circuit.

What made you change the alternator in the first instance?

thanks
I changed it because was convinced it was voltage regulator, and as I have been working all day trying to find the solution I have found that alt-s is not connected to alt-s fuse I have traced wire to fuse box and measured it and it is not connected so I tryied connect it directly to car battery and whola everything worked as it was supposed to do so now I have to figure out how to open up fuse box if it´s possible . do you know about that?

On the HDJ100 there is a separate fuse for the voltage sensing. It's named Alt-S, and is 7,5 A. On early models it is located together with the fusible links hanging off the battery terminal. On later years it has moved in to the main fusebox, and also goes through a removable link called Short Pin B.

Please update your signature line to hold the details of your cruiser - if you want it to be easier to help you.

And yes, welcome to the forum. Neighbour.

Is the Ice Bad, badice?

hi sorry Landcruiser 100 diesel 2006 and it has 7.5 amp fuse in fuse box but no connect to alt-s wire somewhere in fuse box wire isn´t connect

hi sorry Landcruiser 100 diesel 2006 and it has 7.5 amp fuse in fuse box but no connect to alt-s wire somewhere in fuse box wire isn´t connect
Is the 'short pin B' connected? @uHu do you have a location for this 'short pin B'?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Short Pin B is in the middle of the two rows of fuses in the main (engine) fusebox, straddling both rows. Plugs in just like a fuse, or rather 2 fuses. It is for shipping, e.g. after driving the car into a container, you unplug this link.
iirc

hi yes short pin is in it´s position I measured similar volts on 7,5 amp fuse for alt-s but nothing to alternator so wire is not connected to the fuse somehow I have to try to have a peek into fuse box.

Just a little interested, did you solve this issue. I appear to have the same problem with my 06'

hi yes I solved it and tryed to downoload picture but with no luck, anyway my problem was alternator S wire or sense wire it´s white wire with blue line and silver dots. Under fuse box just about 2-3cm from fuse the wire was a little thicker and closer inspection there was just tiny little hole in insulation enough to damage wire cos water or moisture getting into it, so no connectivity. best of luck just send me email if you want picture.

Back