Overland Expedition Show

wobbly

Garage
23 - 24 January, Olympia in London.

Part of the Adventure Travel Show.

Anyone thinking of going?

Pete

I am now!

And I will just be back in time after my trip to Mozambique!

If your driving Pete I will go...
Stu

I think I'll have a basin of that.

Im up for it Stu :) Or would the train be better?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Highly recommend the train into that part of London. The Olympia does have parking, but not a lot.

Definitely up for it.

The harwood arms is a 20 min walk from olympia, and has great food. It would make for a good club dinner and booze venue.

Im up for it Stu :) Or would the train be better?

If you can go by train it will be cheaper (probably) and easier (definitely). There is a car park for Olympia but I would expect to be paying £25 plus for a day's parking, possibly a lot more. The tube stops right next to the exhibition hall.

This is quite apart from congestion charge and traffic nightmare.

It'll be the tube for me, so easy, and free for an old pensioner. hee hee!

Last edited:
If you can go by train it will be cheaper (probably) and easier (definitely). There is a car park for Olympia but I would expect to be paying £25 plus for a day's parking, possibly a lot more. The tube stops right next to the exhibition hall.

This is quite apart from congestion charge and traffic nightmare.
No congestion charge on the weekend....

Train is £30.50 return, plus tube fair from Paddington, maybe £40 in total?

Round trip by hilusx is 300miles at 30mpg, so about £50 in diesel. Plus £25 parking.

So if we can get 3 or 4 in the truck its the cheaper option.

Interested but train from up here is never going to be cheap. On a weekday it's £200 to London. I'll see if I can get a super saver, off peak, outside seat, back of the bus ticket from Eastmids Trainbrain.

Train is £30.50 return, plus tube fair from Paddington, maybe £40 in total?

Round trip by hilusx is 300miles at 30mpg, so about £50 in diesel. Plus £25 parking.

So if we can get 3 or 4 in the truck its the cheaper option.

If you want to come to Morden you can park behind my house and save on the parking, my rates are much cheaper, :laughing-rolling: and Morden tube is a two minute walk away.

I would have been up for that but with the SWMBO'd having a expected delivery date of the 22nd I don't even think Ethan Hunt could get away with going!! :)

Chris

Get the early train from Chesterfield to Bristol, then come in the truck with us.

Pete

Bodhi - the show is the 23rd mate, kid'll be a day old then, will be fine for you to come with us :eusa-shhh:

Going to have make do with the bike show at the nec at the end of the month instead :thumbup:

Not a bad idea Pete. Much better and cheaper service down to Bristol. Or Reading.

Back