Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland prepared 100

Love that roof rack.

It looks outwardly to be a very good condition 100. But there's so much you can't tell from pictures. I'm intrigued to know just how this is 'overland prepared'. It's had some Ironman suspension fitted and a largely unnecessary snorkel. It's got some drawers in which is good I guess. Just what is book price on a decent 2003 100 series nowadays? Deduct that from the asking price and see how much they feel they can get away with charging for some bolted on bits. Ironman stuff is OK but typically the finish on it is appalling and just drops off after 10 minutes. And I speak from experience as a customer.

On the whole it's a decent start, but adding bits out of boxes isn't what overland prep is about. Prep is about reliability and thoroughness before you add the toys. All that Ironman stuff on there makes me wonder if West Coast have done the work. Worth asking them. Odd that someone would do all that then just sell it. But as it looks all very new, you could buy it an save the labour cost of having to fit it to another vehicle you buy.

Big ticket items are the BFG tyres, winch and winch bumper. Not cheap.

It was Werneroeder's, Originally sold for less I think, should be more info about on the forum

It was Werneroeder's, Originally sold for less I think, should be more info about on the forum
:text-+1:

A very well sorted truck with some low level rusting underneath that Werner was going to get sprayed with Krown but sold it instead, not to this dealer direct though it got there pretty soon after. It's located about 3 miles from me.

Being a pre 5 speeder realistically you would be good to get £10k on a good day. 91k should help in the reliability stakes.

Gotta agre with CJ on this.

Those of us that have spent the time and money building a proper overland vehicle, know it takes much, much more than cheap shocks, a set of drawers and roof rack to call it overland prepared!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had a look on the DVLA MOT history page. There is a lot of talk about corrosion in previous years. This advert talks about spending £650 on waxyol, is that to cover up the corrosion? Reading your replies I'm getting it might be better waiting for another 100 and doing the work myself.

I had a look on the DVLA MOT history page. There is a lot of talk about corrosion in previous years. This advert talks about spending £650 on waxyol, is that to cover up the corrosion? Reading your replies I'm getting it might be better waiting for another 100 and doing the work myself.
£650 is a hell of a lot of wax oil..

Just stick with your Hilux Surf! They can be prepped perfectly well for Overland travel, are lighter and more fuel efficient than the 80 series and are a lot more comfortable than the 70 series! Put a rear locker in and you'll go anywhere the cruisers go in the rough, but have more everyday driveability for day to day.

Owen

Just stick with your Hilux Surf! They can be prepped perfectly well for Overland travel, are lighter and more fuel efficient than the 80 series and are a lot more comfortable than the 70 series! Put a rear locker in and you'll go anywhere the cruisers go in the rough, but have more everyday driveability for day to day.

Owen
And don't forget the childish joy of getting the back end out!

certainly don't :D and its not about the "overland" modifications its about getting out and doing it ;)

Last edited:
Back