Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overlanding in our 99 100 4.2 TDi with enough for 6

Mr Big best check your speedo against a sat nav as i have 75 profile tyres on my 100 and mine reads slower againts sat nav so if im reading 50 mph on speedo sat nav speed reads about 4 mph slower you will also find going uphill that you will have to put you foot down a bit more to compensate for the larger profile as basically you have gone up a gear

285/75r16 is a much bigger tyre, 31" vs 33". Speedometer wise, that just means when it shows 70 you are doing just under 74. So will need to keep an eye, but not end of the world.

However from a tyre size point of view, is it going to fit and work as expected?

Remember most speedos over read. Typically by 10%

Guys I’ve adjusted mine manually with some on hand help on the dash needle only after it really failed to read right and was out by 10kmph one day. In doing so used gps and make it 2kmph more than my travel speed which was better than stock form. This is with 285-75-16 tyres.

Remember most speedos over read. Typically by 10%

Mike's pretty spot on. Both Garmin and Google agree on speed with the Speedo. Maybe it was 'corrected' when they switched from Km to Miles..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back