Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ownership - From a Amazon V8 4.7 to a 2012 V8 Deisel feedback please

Country Flag
uk
Hi folks I have a low milage 2012 V8 Petrol Amazon, and I love it to bits.
The Auto box and fly by wire throttle is as quick as anything.
Pulling away at lights etc, the instant power really does make this a great vehicle.

BUT ... its now 12 years old and I'm thinking on spending a extra £30K on a 2012 V8 Deisel.

Has anyone done this ? from a petrol to a diesel ?

I'm really concerned about the throttle response and the enjoyment of the movement between the two models.

Brian

Is the Amazon an 02 by chance? not 12 plate?
Having driven the 200 series a few times (3) I wasn't too impressed. True its pretty refined and powerful but its a bit on the wallowey side and feels every KG of its mass when cornering. If I was putting my money into that scenario I would find the best 100 series I could for say £18-20K because its far better value than a £40K 200 series which in my opinion is far from twice as good.
I've driven a V8 100 and it was a hoot, real throttle response and nice road manners but for the real world of todays traffic a diesel probably offers a more practical solution.
This just an observation from my experience.

Thank you for the reply, yes mine is a 02 not a 2012.

To be honest your answer is roughly my fears.
I dont do many miles which is why I opted for a Petrol V8 and its only done 69K miles :( so mine is the one to keep and look after.

Lots of my roads are B roads consisting of pot holes and grass verges to drive across.

I was thinking of investing in a newer one but to pay a extra 30K it doesn't seem like 30K better vehicle ?

Brian the [EMAIL="Sn@il;458257" said:
Sn@il;458257[/EMAIL]]
I was thinking of investing in a newer one but to pay a extra 30K it doesn't seem like 30K better vehicle ?

I just moved from a 100 to a 200 and my honest advice is retain the 100 V8 if your running isn't that much.

Well today I test drove a 2014 V8 and was pleased. The Throttle response not as quick as the V8 Petrol, but the pure luxury made up for that.
I found a 2014 plate with 19K on the clock, very happy (apart from parting with rather a lot of money)

Info for people who are looking to change from a Amazon V8 to a 200 series V8 Oil Burner.
The V8 Petrol Amazon was a classic, it was simply the best 4x4 by far, if I could have kept it I would have done.
If you can buy one, buy it and keep it, it has everything and more. The Petrol V8 mated to the Auto gearbox is the best ever. The Throttle response it better than many sports car out there, its better than my M135i ! Hit the go Peddle and its gone !
Heck I need to find one to preserve !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back