Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Paris and its pollution stickers

Sounds like an MP has a printing company...

I can't imagine driving to Paris TBH. Park outside and take the Metro. Far less stressful.

I can't imagine driving to Paris TBH. Park outside and take the Metro. Far less stressful.

While I can quite understand the logic I personally find public transport stressful and cities uncomfortable, I mostly avoid cities anyway so I have no plans to visit Paris so this pollution decal should not affect me.

I'm hoping it will be a long time before Bucharest bans old oil burners like mine.

The thought of having to leave the truck up at the house all week and commute in the city car is not appealing... at all. :cry:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
While I can quite understand the logic I personally find public transport stressful and cities uncomfortable, I mostly avoid cities anyway so I have no plans to visit Paris so this pollution decal should not affect me.
Walking is or was the most stressful in Paris as you have to do the dog poo shuffle if you walk anywhere. A simple 100 yard journey could be half as long again with as many as 30 little (or large) doggy mines to negotiate.
I saw more pavement than sights when we visited! :icon-mad
I have heard it has cleaned up its act but haven't been since so I don't know if it's stuck (if you pardon the pun).
Maybe they have little stickers for their dogs' emissions…:think:

Walking is or was the most stressful in Paris as you have to do the dog poo shuffle if you walk anywhere. A simple 100 yard journey could be half as long again with as many as 30 little (or large) doggy mines to negotiate.
I have heard it has cleaned up its act but haven't been since so I don't know if it's stuck (if you pardon the pun).
I think you are talking sh#t :)

One step closer to ordering everyone to buy a new car . Our combined disposable income adds up to trillions of dollars and the Emperor of Europe could use that money to ................ save the planet :liar:

That is pretty much my only memory of Paris, went when i was a teenager and just remember the crap all over the place. Oo oo, i got told off by a nun in notradame for wearing my baseball cap!

That is pretty much my only memory of Paris, went when i was a teenager and just remember the crap all over the place. Oo oo, i got told off by a nun in notradame for wearing my baseball cap!

I've had several (work) trips to Paris and have found it a cute place in the touristy centre, just for a few days at a time, eating out on the terraces in the summer, and stuff like that.

However, had one trip there driving and got caught in the rush. What a hell hole for driving and at one stage being carried along in the middle of 6 lanes of single direction traffic, I ended up going out of the centre in goodness knows which direction, and the suburbs are such a sh!t hole of a place.

I was close to being quite scared, there were burned out cars, dirty people, delapdated blocks of flats, street gangs, the lot. Terrible place, well that was my impression.

this is why i prefer living in the sticks.

No offence meant Aguirre, just my experience. I'm sure there's areas of my home town Birmingham UK that I'd rather not visit on a dark night.

This is one of the reasons why I prefer living in Romania.

never been, no intention of driving, even if had to go. Our local town of cica 500 is big enough for me! My little brother lives in Shanghai, and loves it.....makes me shudder!

Back