Number 1
IMG_2961_zps9e94faf5.jpg

Number 2
IMG_2962_zpsc13af426.jpg

Number 3
IMG_2963_zps6d3036d1.jpg

Brand New Number 4
IMG_2965_zpse4e79b2c.jpg

Now as it happens, Diesel Jones did all the recall work for Toyota reference the injector issues so i had a good chat with the guy about it.

Firstly... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE INJECTORS IN THE D4D ENGINE!!! :angry-screaming:

They are an extremely common unit, used in lots of vehicles.

What happened was that 2 batches of 10,000 sub standard injector washers slipped through the net at toyota, thats 20,000 total, or 5000 3.0 D4D engines used across all models, Land Cruisers, Hiluxes, Dynas, Hiaces etc etc etc between 2004 and early 2008...

These were allowing blow by which was coking the engines up and causing engine failures.

Anyway back on thread, my turbo should be back this week and then next weekend its going back together and hopefully truck will be back on the road.

I've still got to take to sump off and check the strainer just for peace of mind but to get the sump off i need to take the diff off. So thats a job for this week, although i'm thinking of hiring an inspection borescope and doing it like that instead.

My dining room currently looks like this...

IMG_2959_zps1eae71db.jpg

and consequently the wife is losing her sense of humour about it all, so the sooner the better. But in that pile are, new gaskets, filters, new timing belt, lovely new fully synth oil.. you name it, be like a new engine!

I shall let you know how i get on...

Nice write up Tommo, i hope all goes smoothly and i hope the ankles all knitted together by now.

Joe

That's a comprehensive write-up and analysis. Hope it all gets sorted out without (too much) hassle.

Back