Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Parts / breakers yard or other place for a replacement mirror

Fatherjack

Hi,

Our driverside wing mirror got a bump and the glass has fallen out. The glass is complete, the wing mirror is complete.

The problem is that the plastic clips on the reverse of the mirror that fix it in place have snapped off.

Do anyone know where I can get a replacement please? Its an LC4 on a 53 plate. Mirrors are heated and motorised.

Toyota dealership have quoted £400 to replace whole wing mirror assembly and spray to match which is a massive over assessment of the work required IMO.

I can't help you, but the glass carrier should have a part no.

If the scrap yards can't help, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a replacement for the broken carrier.

It might be expensive for what it is, but cheaper than a whole unit.

Only guessing, mind... :shifty:

Is it not the case that a replacement glass comes with the backing (and clips) attached?
Probably worth having a word with Simon Holton at Stephen Eagel Toyota. The Mitsubishi ones are complete with backing and clips, I don't see why the Toyota ones should not be the same.

My replacement glass on the 80 didn't come with the carrier, Rich.

And my carrier is broken on the left (LHD drivers' side) so it's a bit botched inside.

Anyway, they're static mirrors, but it is a bit annoying the way it vibrates, especially the psychedelic light patterns it reflects at night. :lol:

Back