Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Paul Bowles - sad sad news

RIP Paul, my sympathies and condolence to his family

Sad to hear this. Condolences to the family.

Sorry to read this, I didn't know Paul but that's not a fitting end for such an active guy. My condolences to his family and friends.

Bob.

My brother passed away in similar circumstances a few months ago after a long and courageous fight. It's a horrible thing for all concerned and my thoughts are with those who have to cope with the feelings of helplessness and loss.

Terrible news.

I conversed with Paul a couple of years back, I guess its just a good thing non of us know what the future has in store for us.

Heart goes out to his family.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I met Paul a while back now at one of the Lincomb club meets, he had his 100 series at the time, and very kindly showed me how capable it was by expertly chauffeuring me around the many tracks.

I remember him as a knowledgeable, active and well travelled professional man, with his work taking him to many interesting foreign places. Even in Oz he found time to get another 80 and hit the tracks.

To my knowledge Paul had 3x 80s and the 100 during his Land Cruiser ownership, and was quite active in the forums early days, the word association thread that he started is still going strong at 455 pages!

Although his time here has very sadly been cut short, I hope his next Cruiser is waiting for him in overlanding heaven, where he can continue travelling and exploring.

RIP Paul, I hope his family find comfort in that he lead an active and adventurous life.

Last edited:
RIP Paul. Thoughts with the family and those that knew him. There is often a saying attached next to a green oval that reads "One life, live it"…sounds like Paul did.

Jo asked me to post this on her behalf.

Thank you to all who posted condolences. Paul and I have known each other for over 24 years. Cars, then cruisers were always one of the greatest loves of his life. He was always talking about the places he wanted to go in the cruiser. One time I remember he hid a pair of my socks inside the plastic panel of a cruiser he was selling to someone who was taking it to Africa. He said he couldn't afford to take me on holiday there so he would send my socks instead!
Paul loved going to Salisbury plain, and when he went into the hospice he cooked up a plan for me to take him to Salisbury plain for one last blow out. I would often find Paul glued to your site when he was poorly, commenting on what people were doing with their trucks etc.
Paul lived a short but very very full life. Land cruisers and your club took him to his happy place. I do hope that wherever his soul rests, he will be surrounded by cruisers and like-minded folk.

Lovely words there from Jo.

Condolences to all the family. RIP Paul.

Glad to see that Paul took some respite from his illness by following the site and the activities of other like-minded forum members. It's also humbling to know that the site and members have provided some comfort to Jo and family following Paul's passing.

One life, live it - seems very apt.

Back