Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst.........

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
..............I've been looking into how I can improve my chances of undoing Land Cruiser nuts & bolts and to this end I've upgraded my normal GT85 to a can of Plus Gas :thumbup: But the one product that keeps comeing up in my search for the Holy Grail of seized component free-er (is that a word :?: ) is PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst :p

Has anyone used any :?: And does anyone know where I can get any in the UK :?:

Or is there an equivelent product in the UK :?: Maybe it's plus gas :think:

blaster003%20028340.jpg

'Blaster Products PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst eliminates fighting with rusted and frozen fasteners and parts, and works where other purported penetrating lubricants fail. Simply saturate the troubled area before working and PB Blaster's unique capillary action allows PB to wick itself into the tightest cavities to break loose the surface tension of frozen and corroded fasteners and parts. PB Blaster does not evaporate and remains on the surface to lubricate and protect against further corrosion. PB Blaster is also an excellent cleaner for corroded fasteners, as it penetrates through and loosens the surface rust on fasteners. The 7 oz. size is ideal for field tool sets or small tool sets, where storage space is at a premium. PB Blaster is propelled by by carbon dioxide and contains no ozone-depleting propellants.'

I have some, bought it on-line somewhere, doesn't seem very special.

Jon Wildsmith said:
doesn't seem very special
:cool: So probaly not missing out :) I'll give the old Plus-Gas a good working out then as it came in the post Saturday morning :thumbup:

SimonD said:
Loctite Freeze and Release is well thought of in Australia. Freezing is less damaging than heating. Use it with a penetrating spray and away it goes. :thumbup:
Awsome just got on the bay & bought one :D Will let you know if its any good when I do my SL have already given all associated nuts & bolts two good applications of GT85 & a wire brush will now move onto the Plus Gas & use the freeze spray as a last resort before descending into bad language & violence :lol: :lol: ;)

Halfrauds do a shock and unlock spray, similar sort of thing but cheaper.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
andyw said:
Halfrauds do a shock and unlock spray, similar sort of thing but cheaper.
I paid £7 for it inclusive of postage from the bay :D Didn't seem expensive :)

Could have done with some of that stuff yesterday - ended up having to cut off the completely corroded solid rear top shock mounts on my 120 - got the Tough Dogs in the back now, front coming as soon as ... :)

I prefer the wurth products. Rost Off Ice and 2040 are the 2 I use regularly.

I also use the 2040 to start reluctant petrol engines. It works in the same way as "Easy Start" but as it is oil based it doesn't strip the bores like ES. (Quick way to see if there is a spark but no fuel!) I also use it on the plactic trims and body panels on my bikes and the chrome on my cars in winter as it helps to reduce the effects of road salt.

rost off ice is one of the best freezing sprays I have found yet

Back