Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PCS button (Pre Colision System)

psyxologos

As per title. I just got delivery of my Land Cruiser Invincible, and I can see the PCS light indicating that the system is on, but I do not know how to turn it on and off. Any idea as to how to do this? There was an issue when they delivered the vehicle, and I did not receive my owner's manual yet (it should arrive in the post soon) so I cannot check it there...

Many thanks

You can test it by someone standing on the pavement with a large piece of cardboard outstretched over the road. Drive towards it at 10ish mph. It should throw anchors quite badly when it gets close.

As for the manual - who said they would post it? The dealer? I had this "promise" and it was a wasted effort. Your best bet is call Toyota UK Customer services and ask them for one. They got one to me sharpish and for free.

Thanks. Well, the online manual says the button for it should be just under the start stop button, it is not. There is nothing on the other side either. As for the base of the steering column, nothing there either. I am going crazy...

0_02_05_0f6a2f7f0013c406c74a943529b882c52f14d815.jpg 0_02_05_3e6b2abf91d16b5fd2b2bbf0fcc70ccc5fef1cd4.jpg 0_02_05_9bd43d1e672e044468da8423b01a743abe91da33.jpg

You can test it by someone standing on the pavement with a large piece of cardboard outstretched over the road. Drive towards it at 10ish mph. It should throw anchors quite badly when it gets close.

As for the manual - who said they would post it? The dealer? I had this "promise" and it was a wasted effort. Your best bet is call Toyota UK Customer services and ask them for one. They got one to me sharpish and for free.

Many thanks for that. The manual was missing and the dealer committed in an email that he will post it. I see what you mean though. Which number do I need to call? Just any Toyota UK Customer services? Many thanks

What's on the centre console?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK. I found it.

From another Forum:

Sale guy struggled to show me, but eventually we found it. It's under the steering column, at the base where it is under the dash. Small indented button, sort of like the tire pressure button, which is closer to the driver, but that tire pressure button is to the left, not as far away from the driver as the PCS button is. We had to get a flashlight and get on our knees. Good luck…best I can describe. It was a demo, so can't provide photo.
upload_2017-2-11_14-29-1.gif

I quit using my yes and just began using my hands, feeling around blindly for it. I found it just as you described it; completely hidden up under the base of the steering column and 3"=4" to the left of center toward the driver's door. I'm not sure how you would ever see it- but I was able to test it by pushing the button and seeing the "PCS" sign light up on the dash indicating the system was disengaged. I re-engaged it and went to bed satisfied. LOL!

Thanks to all,
upload_2017-2-11_14-29-1.gif

Panic over....

At something of a tangent …….presumably your 150 is the 2.8 diesel version, Psyxologos ? Can I ask how you are finding that – my 3.0 is coming up towards 100K miles faultlessly but the 2.8 engine looks good……

When I said the base of the steering column, I meant the actual base, way down low before it goes through the firewall, up above the pedals, near the obd port. Its not easily accesible, and not designed to be used!

At something of a tangent …….presumably your 150 is the 2.8 diesel version, Psyxologos ? Can I ask how you are finding that – my 3.0 is coming up towards 100K miles faultlessly but the 2.8 engine looks good……

Indeed, it is the 2.8. It only arrived on Friday night and I have only done around 20 miles in it, but I love it...

The 2.8 is different compared to the 3L. It's a lot lighter on fuel (My 3.0 was thirsty with town driving). I'm getting 450-470 miles to a take (87L compared to the 350 I got in the 3L.

It drives the same as far as I can remember. The gearbox feels longer though. It will hold the engine around 1200rpm before kicking down.

I'm getting about 380 miles out of a tank with my 3L, I'm sure I was getting just over 400 miles before I changed my tyres to the larger once but I'm not sure as Belfast is a bit more hilly then down in Medway where we used to live. I should have bought the 2.8L :icon-rolleyes:

Coming back to this, the manual says that if there is no PCS light on, the system is engaged. Is this the case? I have not found a safe and not nerve wrecking way to test the system yet, but driving the car for a week now, and I have not noticed PCS ever engaging. I had a look on youtube for videos, and it seems that things have to be rather dramatic for it to engage. Is this the case in real life? Did anyone have it engaged in 'normal' driving conditions, when, let's say, you are a tad late on braking compared to the car in front?

Coming back to this, the manual says that if there is no PCS light on, the system is engaged. Is this the case? I have not found a safe and not nerve wrecking way to test the system yet, but driving the car for a week now, and I have not noticed PCS ever engaging. I had a look on youtube for videos, and it seems that things have to be rather dramatic for it to engage. Is this the case in real life? Did anyone have it engaged in 'normal' driving conditions, when, let's say, you are a tad late on braking compared to the car in front?

I am quoting myself here, but it turns out I did not need to test it. Today as I was driving home a motorcycle made a sudden stop in front of me and the dashboard lit red and a big fat BREAK appeared. I thankfully did not hit the motorcyclist, and I saw the PCS operate in real life. All good!

That is correct. If there in NO PCS light on, then the system is engaged and ready. If the PCS light is displayed in the lower right hand corner, then the system is off/disengaged.

Back