Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pedders Or Iron Man

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
For my first major mechanical upgrade I am looking at suspension (to tie in with new rubber, see my other post)

Currently considering the Pedders 45mm lift kit at circa £700, the iron man foam cell pro which works out around £1k, OME, 2” lift kit works out about £1.1k

Some of the kits recommend diff drop brackets, I presume this is to prolong the life of the diff? Questions,

1) anyone have direct experience with either of the kits, thoughts?
2) is the diff drop necessary?
3) Will the diff drop need alternative under protection.
4) the pedders kit has a support bracket for The TBs, should I consider these as an extra with the other kits?
4) Anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance

Definitely go for the iron man foam cell pro. I fitted the 45mm lift almost 2 months ago and i'm very impressed with the ride and it's ability to soak up up the bumps off road. The shocks at least are much larger and would guess a lot stronger than anything pedders do. The lift is actually 45mm though unlike some ~2" lift kits that are more like a 3" lift (EFS for example.) If I was buying again i'd be very tempted to move onto the 4" bracket iron man pro kit.

The other popular option here is to go for EFS.

Order from http://mp4x4.pl/300-zawieszenie-ironman4x4 and the price is significantly less than what you've said above.

I did also fit the pedders castor correction bushes ... but I believe this may have been unnecessary.

.. Just checked my bank statement and the iron man pro was just under £800 with delivery back in November.

I’d also second the Iron Man Foam Cell Pro. I am only running the shocks but they’re impressive.

Cheers guys.
Definitely go for the iron man foam cell pro. I fitted the 45mm lift almost 2 months ago and i'm very impressed with the ride and it's ability to soak up up the bumps off road. The shocks at least are much larger and would guess a lot stronger than anything pedders do. The lift is actually 45mm though unlike some ~2" lift kits that are more like a 3" lift (EFS for example.) If I was buying again i'd be very tempted to move onto the 4" bracket iron man pro kit.

The other popular option here is to go for EFS.

Order from http://mp4x4.pl/300-zawieszenie-ironman4x4 and the price is significantly less than what you've said above.

I did also fit the pedders castor correction bushes ... but I believe this may have been unnecessary.
Thank you. Did you drop your diff or add any re-enforcement to the torsion bars?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have the pedders set up on mine, really happy with it and would certainly go for the same again. I did drop the diff as the inner cv boots were weaping grease from around the clips after the install. I also had to change the upper control arms to get my camber back to spec.

Having had the pedders shocks and the iron man pro in my hands side by side there really is no comparison. The iron man is a much larger and beefier shock. The springs I couldn't compare though.

For my first major mechanical upgrade I am looking at suspension (to tie in with new rubber, see my other post)

Currently considering the Pedders 45mm lift kit at circa £700, the iron man foam cell pro which works out around £1k, OME, 2” lift kit works out about £1.1k

Some of the kits recommend diff drop brackets, I presume this is to prolong the life of the diff? Questions,

1) anyone have direct experience with either of the kits, thoughts?
2) is the diff drop necessary?
3) Will the diff drop need alternative under protection.
4) the pedders kit has a support bracket for The TBs, should I consider these as an extra with the other kits?
4) Anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
How did your conversion go? Can you please share details of what you finally installed? Were you able to get away with raising or lowering of the Diff? Where did you buy your Iron Man kit?

The steelwork on my 100 is " Tough Dog" which was on when i got it but have upgraded the dampers to the Ironman Foam Cell Pro and am very happy with the way it keeps such a large mass under control. There maybe dearer better ones but I'm satisfied.

Back