Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Phoenix auto bulbs

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
As mentioned previously, I bought some NightBreaker H4s from Phoenix Auto Bulbs. (www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk) in December. Last week, within a week, they both fused. One had a melted element and happened while driving, the other had a broken element and happened as I drove off the pavement in my drive.

A quick email to the shop and they said while the bulbs had a shorter life than normal, 3 months is possibly on the light side. I have colleagues who have used them for about a year without issues.

Anyway, the good side of it all, they are sending me out two replacement bulbs. Pretty good customer service :)

Curious to see how long the new ones last...

Cheers,
Crispin

They do sound quite good. Out of interest what did a set cost you?

For two, it was £18.99 IIRC. They have a better throw and more "defined" light where it does fall. Does it light up further away? Not really but I put that down to reflector design - it won't cast light where it cannot.

Thanks, that's about the same price I paid elsewhere when I bought a set for my car and discover the car used H7's instead of H4's. Never thought of fitting them to the LC and as a result have been sat in a box somewhere.... Well that's another mod that I "can" do :lol:

Back