Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

photo uploads

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
hi everyone, I want to put some photos on here and have no idea how to do it, ive tried looking and carnt find any way of doing it. Can anyone help. Please explain so i understand as not great with computers. Thanks

Karl to get photo's on here they need to be hosted on another site first as per Gary's request

Gary Stockton said:
Hello,

In order to keep the server utilisation as efficient and reasonable as possible, it would be best to host your pics off-site, and link to them in your posts.

For those that DON'T know (and I'm sure you all do ...), best is to open a free PhotoBucket account (http://www.photobucket.com) and then post a link in your text to the picture using the 'Img' button at the top of the message header. Photobucket allows you to load full-size images, which then render nicely in your topic. They are also kind enough to provide you with the correct address for each picture to copy and paste into your posting.

There are other sites around that offer similar features and functionality, so feel free to use whatever works best for you.

Have fun! Remember - picture often fill in the blanks!

Basically that means you will need to set up a free account with Photobucket first, upload your pictures to it, then copy the img links provided on Photobucket in the sharing options and paste them into your post on here

Ive managed it. Just had to upload each pic one by one. Then had to upload one by one onto here. There must e a quicker way of doing it than how i just have. I will keep trying. Thanks again

Also search on Coppermine and Andy Harvey as Andy has set up a hosting site specifically for members.

Karl,

There isn't really a quicker way. You can speed it up slightly by uploading multiple photos at the same time onto Photo Bucket or emailing a bunch to photo bucket but you still have to do them one at a time here.
As Simon has pointed out, Andy has also setup a photo hosting site for us which does the same thing. Might be slightly easier.

We've done it this way to save ourselves bandwidth as Gary has explained in another thread in the section.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Try out dropbox, once set up and the photos resized all you need to do is copy and paste into a file on your PC (within the public directory in your dropbox). Then just copy and paste the link by right clicking on the file. Far easier than uploading manually to a site IMO.

Back