Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Picture sizes!!

Steveindar

Country Flag
tanzania
Not sure this is the right place, but is there any way the mods can limit the size of pics posted online. Reason I'm asking is I have a very shitty connection and limited data speed. I sometimes have to work through my phone which makes it worse, and I really enjoy the builds and story's but rarely am able to get photos downloaded, especially if they are in the megapixel range. Other forums have max sizes of 500kb which gives more than enough detail.
Here in Tanzania we don't have mega free internet access with unlimited space etc.

Please, please, I also want to play!!:icon-cry:

Not sure if this will help but when pics show far bigger than my laptop screen (which is often) i just right click and select view image .

Depends what your using i suppose but i use a good old fashioned laptop so put the cursor anywhere on the pic and click the right side mouse button which gives you a drop down list and at the top of that list is "view image" left click on that and the pic is reduced to my screen size .

Depends what your using i suppose but i use a good old fashioned laptop so put the cursor anywhere on the pic and click the right side mouse button which gives you a drop down list and at the top of that list is "view image" left click on that and the pic is reduced to my screen size .

Shayne that doesn't actually reduce the image file size, the bandwidth used is exactly the same all you're doing is opening an image larger than your screen and your laptop is then optimising the image to best fit your screen.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Didn't think this would be so difficult.
Would there be any objections to just limiting pic upload sizes to something reasonable?

TBH, photos are fine at 800x600 and about 150kb or less, especially on photo heavy threads

Back