Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pictures of my office

Gilmour Dickson

Okay it's not all game drives, G&Ts and crisply pressed Khaki :violin:
I am in a camp that needs SERIOUS attention and we have guests arriving next week. Last days has been sanding, plumbing, struggling with a VSAT system and ferrying a camp full of furniture across the flooded Busanga plains (by canoe and porters!). We have so much to get done it is scary. However before reaching here we managed to squeeze in some fishing and beers on the river...
Julia stayed in the nearest working camp to organise the despatch of everything and tomorrow arrives in the helicopter (how cool is that) - I spent 3.5hrs to drive a troopy load of solar heater parts, she will do the same trip in 15 mins :o
Basically happy as a pig in a field of strawberries!

Last bit of relaxation before the mayhem:
web.jpg

two of our new colleagues, very cool people (a doctor who is also a camp manager, in fact I am trying to get her camp ready... and her husband who is a Lion researcher. Julia peering at an African Finfoot or something!)
web.jpg

Kafue River at dawn:
web.jpg

Last one. View from my temporary house yesterday morning at dawn. As I took this the elephants were browsing 30m from my door. Sanding down some fittings later that day with Puku antelope bouncing around in the near distance I was just thinking Wow!
web.jpg

Tomorrow I will try and get the chance for some vehicle related stuff. Interestingly here in the plains/swamps it is Landrovers that reign supreme, but more on that later!!!

Wow - what can you say!

My office doesn't even have windows.....!! :roll: :evil:

:mrgreen: I'm green with envy. ;) :)

AAAAAAArrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x :x

B'stard!!!!

Nice barbel you got there :clap: :clap: - did you give it to the gillie for dinner?? I thought there were tiger in the Kafue?? I can see I'll have to save my pennies and come visit you!

Anyway - congrats - it really looks fantastic - hope you enjoy the challenge and have a really great time!

Cheers

What Gary said....

I often question my office job. :violin: You have the good life....

Hope for a lot more pictures :mrgreen:

:text-coolphotos: but I really wouldn't want to come and visit though, no honestly, I couldn't leave here, the summer will soon be over and we will be shivering again before long, so you can see I really do mean that most sincerely. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All that open space is over rated.... well that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Enjoy the hard work :happy-jumpeveryone:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Many more posts like this Gil & we'll have you barred from the forum...

:cool:

Looks a little damp to be. :o

The basement will be full of water as well.
No glass in the windows and all them fish will do will attract flies eerrrr.

The thing about my office is when I get out of it its to a better place now how is he going to better that place.

Unless there is a Bar with cheap beer and dirty girls and a kebab shop on the way home.

Mal

Many thanks! The Barbel we cut into pieces and with the tail section managed to persuade a Fish Eagle to grab his dinner a few feet from our boat! No tiger fish in the Kafue - only bream and Barbel... Unfortunately. After two weeks intense setting back up of a camp and opening it JUST in time for guests we are now off to South Luangwa tomorrow morning for a month's relief...

Gary Stockton said:
AAAAAAArrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x :x

B'stard!!!!

Nice barbel you got there :clap: :clap: - did you give it to the gillie for dinner?? I thought there were tiger in the Kafue?? I can see I'll have to save my pennies and come visit you!

Anyway - congrats - it really looks fantastic - hope you enjoy the challenge and have a really great time!

Cheers

You are rapidly wearing out your welcome here .... :twisted: :cry:

Very jealous now - have fun!! Got to be Paradise's back garden there .... :drool:

I like the hours - 2 weeks on (or so) and a month off :whistle: :dance:

Gary Stockton said:
You are rapidly wearing out your welcome here .... :twisted: :cry:

Okay, I am gonna tempt fate with Mr. Crispin, try to get banned and show some shots of what I was up to on Friday morning. Okay I had to get up at 4am, but my "commute" took me past a big male Lion... Beats a Little Chef or service stop on the M6 ;)
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

While I got to play with balloons Julia got to do some Lion research (call ups as part of a census - playing dying buffalo sounds to attract and count lions).
web.jpg

after playing with Lions however the girls eventually joined me in the mad rush to get the place sorted, but they did arrive in style (I had to trudge accross the swamps after a 3.5 hr drive). They arrived in 20mins in this:

web.jpg

Can't wait to see what South Luangwa has to offer, but one thing is for sure - can't wait to get back to the Busanga plains and all these airbourne toys!

Not fair :x :x :x :x

Looks like you have the best job in the world.... Gary has a point, hours are great. Guessing there are not many strikes about working conditions and time? :violin:

Stunning pics, keep 'em up :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back