Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pilot sucide

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
I was reading a report about the recent airplane crash and came across this snippet;

Botswana, 11 January 1999, one died
The pilot, the only person on board, "deliberately flew the aeroplane into the ground by crashing at Gaborone airport".
His license was revoked.

Well he won't be allowed to be flying again. :eusa-naughty:

Strange.

That wouldn't have made the news at all I suppose, had it not been for the Germanwings disaster... :think:

I bet that didn't go down well :lol:

I heard about a guy that told the Judge "you can't ban me" of course the Judge replied "oh yes i can" . The guy shook his head and in all sincerity explained to the Judge that he can't be banned because he hasn't got a driving licence :laughing-rolling: The ban was doubled .

I wonder if St Peter will give him his wings upstairs.

We had a road suicide not so long ago, where a guy had left a note saying he would do exactly what he did, which was to cross the white line and run into the opposing traffic.

Sadly he chose to ram a family of 5 returning from their holidays, killing all including himself.

Apart from 3 adults dead, there were 3 kids all below the age of 5 lost in that tragedy.

Anyone who does something like that should rot in hell for all eternity IMO, if there's to be any justice.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We had a road suicide not so long ago, where a guy had left a note saying he would do exactly what he did, which was to cross the white line and run into the opposing traffic.

Sadly he chose to ram a family of 5 returning from their holidays, killing all including himself.

Apart from 3 adults dead, there were 3 kids all below the age of 5 lost in that tragedy.

Anyone who does something like that should rot in hell for all eternity IMO, if there's to be any justice.
Bastard, why couldn't he run into a bridge or something? I can't understand the need to take someone else too.

My sentiments entirely.

The same with the German-wings tragedy. I feel for the pilot's family, but the incident was one of sheer dispassion for others, he could have found any number of other ways to take his life without harming others.

A mate of mine recently hung himself , he called police and said you will find me on the old railway line near the school don't let the kids find me in the morning and jumped .

I was reading a report about the recent airplane crash and came across this snippet;

Botswana, 11 January 1999, one died
The pilot, the only person on board, "deliberately flew the aeroplane into the ground by crashing at Gaborone airport".
His license was revoked.

Well he won't be allowed to be flying again. :eusa-naughty:

Strange, I was living in Gaborone at that time and I don't remember anything about it on the news or down the pub....

Strange, I was living in Gaborone at that time and I don't remember anything about it on the news or down the pub....

I read this on a report about the recent Alps crash and it gave a list of 'Pilot suicide' crashes and that was one they listed. IIRC it was from a BBC link I read it on.

Last edited:
Everyone knows the Gabs bush pilots are a bit odd anyway :)

Living in wildlife Eden - have Bots in my sights as a retirement home!

Gary, couldn't think of a better place to retire to....

BTW I find the ad here [photo actually] about fat and pork belly revolting !!!
Perhaps you guys get different visuals over there?

10413194205171408161.gif

Yup Frank all of it. Not a massive country and I could happily go round and round in my Cruiser for months at a time ;)

Back