Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pipes

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
Been under the lc3 last few days to look further into rust situation and get a list of what I will need, come better weather.
As this is a recent purchase over my lj78, I am still in the dark about a lot of things.
To the rear of rear axle on hanging brackets is a uniform vertical tier of pipework. I initially thought rear heater, but it hasnt got on. Anyone know what it does ? 2006 lc3 d4d. Thanks.

I can only assume pipework for a fuel tank fitted behind the rear axle, as my 90 series had and i assume (probably wrongly) that a second fuel tank might have been on the cards or do petrol engined 120's have the rear mounted tank anyway?

Another possibility is pipework for rear air suspension as fitted to LC5.

Can you trace back where these pipes go.

Ah..thanks Juddian. Will look later on. Don't know if there would be difference in petrol or diesel models.
From memory ( well it was a couple of days) the pipe/S come from front area, do this rectangular coil thing, then return to front area. Will get back, thanks for reply.

Ah..thanks Juddian. Will look later on. Don't know if there would be difference in petrol or diesel models.
From memory ( well it was a couple of days) the pipe/S come from front area, do this rectangular coil thing, then return to front area. Will get back, thanks for reply.
AU models of the 120 have two tanks so some models definately have that. However it's not like Toyota to leave an option in if they aren't going to supply that option in that market.

Right went out and crawled under as far as poss. Less ground height than my lj78). The two metal pipes are affixed to floor, go over rear axle, over a round crossbeam, then not sure. The large silencer and even larger heat shield block all vision and feel.
There is one pipe that appears to originate from rear that goes into back of gearbox ? and various others to/from fuel tank/s that I cant determine.
Incidentally on that subject, there appears to be one large, long tank on nearside, with another smaller in front, with one large tank guard over both.
Is that usual, is one a reserve ?
The service history tells me the cruiser was purchased new in Scotland, where it spent most of its life, so not an import.
It's no big deal, as there are no problems, I just like to familiarise myself with items, for future reference in work carried out. Having said that, I really appreciate your input to try and shed any light. Thanks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back