Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

playing in deryshire

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
First time trying to up load pics so see if ive managed it. Bit over fun on sunday afternoon/evening. The misses nearly had my cruiser over. Im the one stood on the step trying to keep it on three wheels not two.

PH_128.jpg
PH_125.jpg
PH_121.jpg

PH_114.jpg

PH_111.jpg

PH_120.jpg

PH_116.jpg

PH_119.jpg

PH_120.jpg

PH_117.jpg
[
PH_113.jpg

good pics of a great area - but bet you i can descend Stanage faster on my Kona Dawg mtb than a landcruiser! - well without wrecking the LC!

did you get any scrapes under the LC on stanage, as there are some huge rock steps and boulders,

looked a tricky one with the near roll moment

Hi andy,
Yes i had plenty of scraping underneath at stanage And on some of the other lanes through the day. Have you een on the one that comes out on the road to hayfield? That way a good one with some big steps. Were going to try and get up them all next time now were pro`s :dance: !!! As for being quicker down stanage than me id let u every time. Its quite a drop on the other side.
As for the roll moment i wanted to get her out and me get it back on its wheels but when she let off the brake to swap it lifted again. Had to talk her through it very slowly. Only second time she had driven a auto 4x4 that can do some of the stuff they can.Plus having my weight on the step kept it from tipping. It would have only gone on the wall and the bank but didnt fancy making a mess of the truck. She loved it. Defo something we are going to do more of.
Karl

yep - i have biked trail's down to hayfield - well there are several
e.g. Jacobs Ladder from Edale (but thats not a green lane)

but one I guess you mean - Royce Clough ? (that comes off Mam Tor) has big rock ledges, and i have fallen off the bike before trying to cycle up them!.

if fact. heres a pic taken of the fall 10yrs ago... on the Royce clough steps, i think some of the track has since been repaved due to erosion? as it was closed for a while
1.jpg

and success

4.jpg

and my Mrs on the trail into hayfield from jacobs ladder - in 2004
20.jpg

last time we saw a some spots of oil and a big scrape on one of the rock steps, then a trail of oil for 20metres, then a big pool of oil!, then no more!
smelt like diff-oil...

used to live in Leeds, and mountain bike and climb in peaks at weekends,
now i want to go back and play in the landcruiser, but live in NE Scotland now.... but have a brother living and working as vet near hayfield, marple i think, so will have to go and visit him!

That was the one rorce clough. Well if your going to come down give us a shout meet up for the day and show us a few good lanes if you fancy it. Wouldnt fancy falling off the bike down some of those hills andy
karl

Looks like a great day out there Karl - I'll be up for a trot around those lanes sometime...

I like your plate too - My Lord Muxley of MUX is '92' behind yours :cool:

Cheers
Gav

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi gav, well if you want send me a mail if you want to meet up and do some lanes up here. And id be up up for goin down wales on the ones u went on not long ago. Take it you have acollarado as well as the 80 then.
karl

Great pics of the Derbyshire outing. Looks like its a nice challenging green lane :thumbup:

karl wester said:
hi gav, well if you want send me a mail if you want to meet up and do some lanes up here. And id be up up for goin down wales on the ones u went on not long ago. Take it you have acollarado as well as the 80 then.
karl

Willdo - need to sort out my weekends first as am off to Lincomb on 9th October - lots to pack in between then & now...

Aye, they call me 'Gavvie-two-cruisers' - NOT!!! The Colorado is the family hauler & MUX is my DD/play toy :D

I'll come for that one - it's my back yard.

Chris

Where is this deryshire of which you speak. is it 'oop north somewhere? :lol:
Chas

Yes it is. Deryshire is the correct spelling of what later became corrupted to DerByshire.

It was King Uthgar, of Mercia who, in the early 9th century first officially recognised the county and separated it from Nothginghamshire and Lestershire. He gave it to his son to rule who after his Father's death in 1014 following a boar hunting accident, renamed the county Derbyshire. This was due to the popularity at the time of the newly invented letter B in the alphabet. Until that time Old English ( a mixture of Norse dialects and Latin) had no B. Instead, a double V was used. So it would have been Dervvyshire for example. Saint Saraginous formed the new letter whilst writing the Maroc Scrolls to be seen in Durham Cathedral to this day.

So now you know

Vvollocks.

C

Chris said:
Yes it is. Deryshire is the correct spelling of what later became corrupted to DerByshire.

It was King Uthgar, of Mercia who, in the early 9th century first officially recognised the county and separated it from Nothginghamshire and Lestershire. He gave it to his son to rule who after his Father's death in 1014 following a boar hunting accident, renamed the county Derbyshire. This was due to the popularity at the time of the newly invented letter B in the alphabet. Until that time Old English ( a mixture of Norse dialects and Latin) had no B. Instead, a double V was used. So it would have been Dervvyshire for example. Saint Saraginous formed the new letter whilst writing the Maroc Scrolls to be seen in Durham Cathedral to this day.

So now you know

Vvollocks.

C
Vvloody Hell :o An historian as well as good looking :!: You've got it all :p

Chris said:
So now you know. Vvollocks.C
I knew that ;) and there's no need to resort to vulgarities. :lol: :lol:
Chas

Sorry, did you mean bulgarities? You see it was Pope Benedict the 3rd, after the dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII, who decreed that as an insult to the monarch, the letter V would be replaced with a B in any transcription of a translation to the Mother tongue.

Oh, you knew that you tinker, you were just messing with me.

Chris

Very sorry chas for leaving the b out!!!! Keys sometimes dont work. Chris very good. Master of history Quite interesting to read.. :clap:

karl wester said:
Very sorry chas for leaving the b out!!!! Keys sometimes dont work. Chris very good. Master of history Quite interesting to read.. :clap:
No apologies necessary Karl, it was only meant as a laugh and we've all had that :cool:
Chas

I wasnt being serious mate. Just watched your vid in your cruiser. Looked a good place. Bonnet looked like id seen it before :thumbup: All done and on the road then?
Karl

karl wester said:
I wasnt being serious mate. Just watched your vid in your cruiser. Looked a good place. Bonnet looked like id seen it before :thumbup: All done and on the road then?
Karl
All in good fun eh!, I thought you might recognise the bonnet, yeah, all is fixed now and running lovely. That site is Harbour Hill the 4x4 without a club site, it's not very big but it's one of the nicest I've been to. Lea and Steph who run it, regularly have a digger in to cut and alter holes which keep the place interesting, I go there fairly often.
Chas

Have you got a postcode or address see how far it is for me. Might be a good day or weekend away in the winter months. Great news with the truck. And yes the pixx taking is all part of the fun :lol:

Back