Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Possible Club trip to Bala forest Wales 13th & 14th June

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hey Guys,

I recently read up on Bala Forest in Wales. Looks pretty cool. On their website they say they will open the site for clubs if a min of four vehicles attend @ £30/vehicle.

I'm not sure about camping and all that but thought I'd gauge interest first. If enough (three others...) are keen I'll contact them and see whats involved.

Website is here:http://bala4x4.co.uk/info.html

Youtube vide here:

Camp site just round the corner Ryan. We also have a place on Lake Bala which at a push might let us camp in the grounds. Certainly got local knowledge in the area. Not exactly laning though is it. A visit to the Corwen Car Wash might be in order after that. Going to need your 37's in there! Looks nice and open though. The drier rocky sections look really good.

Crikey, that went over very easily. Must have a lead roof lining.

Possible Club trip to Bala forest Wales 13th & 14th June

Hmmm that sounds like a plan Chris. Maybe we could do Bala Forest on the Sat and a few surrounding lanes on the Sunday.

Ya that did flop over rather easily. I heard landies like to have their bellies rubbed but that was a bit ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crikey, that went over very easily. Must have a lead roof lining.

I think that was driver error, vehicle too far to the right with wheels up bank and a drop on the LH side in front of him.

I swam accross Bala lake when I was 14, we used to camp on Llangower point, near where Llangower Halt was, when there was a railway line there.

It's a bloody cold lake even in high summer, it's very deep. We used to canoe and sail the mirror dinghy there twice a year all through my childhood.

Great times had as a kid, sorry that I can't join you....

Clive there still is a railway there. Poop Poop. It's a tourist attraction now. We have a hotel there.

In fact there is a camp site there too.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My recent exhaustive search for LR wheels makes me wonder if the ridiculously narrow track on defenders was written into the original design brief . Designed pretty much as disposable off road vehicles it was probably thought more important that two men could put it back on its wheels again . Forward control wheels are the only ones to have anything resembling a negative offset and if there's 2 men out there that can flip one of them they are rare beings indeed .

Clive there still is a railway there. Poop Poop. It's a tourist attraction now. We have a hotel there.

In fact there is a camp site there too.

Good news about the railway, it was one of Beeching's victims when I used to go there, very sad. There was always a campsite at Llangower, but it didn't have any facilities. Great spot though.

So where's your hotel Chris? At Llangower?

My recent exhaustive search for LR wheels makes me wonder if the ridiculously narrow track on defenders was written into the original design brief . Designed pretty much as disposable off road vehicles it was probably thought more important that two men could put it back on its wheels again . Forward control wheels are the only ones to have anything resembling a negative offset and if there's 2 men out there that can flip one of them they are rare beings indeed .

Narrow track has its advantages...

image.jpg

This track by me is too narrow, there's one part which is always muddy and the sides are 2m high.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I dont have photos of that part, it's so narrow and deep I can't get out of the truck!

Sorry for the thread jacks Ryan, I'll stop now :whistle:

I call fake on that video

A whole 8 minutes without any break downs? we know thats not possible in a LR :D

So folks, any takers?

I know Karl has expressed interest and volunteered dave. So Chris if your in then thats enough vehicles to secure the site...

Let me know guys. I'd be keen to get this pencilled in.

Later
Ryan

Well I am free that weekend and I like a trip out
My hard core off road days are done so as long as this is generally speaking a body damage free trip then I'm in

Chris

Cool. I'll give them a call tomorrow and confirm availability.

Hi Ryan Count me in definitely. Its been awhile since I have last been out. Do you know how wide the tracks are? Re TUNDRA or LAND CRUISER?

Hey Erik,

That's sure is a dilemma I really hope to have one day!

I think the cruiser would be better suited for this one.

Shayne - not sure if you've seen these. Had them on my 110 and gave a nice stance without spacers.....can't remember offset though and now sold. might be worth a look. Although alloy they got some pretty serious abuse and never a problem

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/cw-borbet/off-road/silver/16-inch

Any news on this on only it's fast approaching and I've not made any and yet
Don't need much prep but I do have some stuff I'll need to do
We need an RV point, camp site or lay by and beer

Hey Chris,

Yep, all still go as far as I'm concerned. Bala forest is confirmed.

Currently it's you, me and Erik (blackbetty).

If anyone else is keen they are welcome.

I'll check on the RV point tonight. Camp wise the spot you mentioned on Bala lake sounds good. Do you have know one I could contact?

Back