Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Possibly the saddest photo I have ever seen...

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
So I was perusing ebay looking at Landcruisers, as you do and came across this pic in one of the listings...

Cruiser graveyard.JPG
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA...426651?hash=item2362cc87db:g:GWIAAOSw~OVWvaqL

Look at all those 80's being broken, sacrilegious that is! There is even a black one...:cry:

:icon-cry: What to say, I would certainly have rather seen them in a much worse state than they appear, before I would be comfortable with the thought of them being broken.

Sad indeed.

Any idea where this place is ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

£90.00 for a 99% good manual gear knob from him. Cheaper on Amayama!

Let's remember though - without people like him, and our Karl, it would be a lot harder to keep our trucks on the road.
Nobody knows what (if anything) is wrong with any of the ones pictured.
Spares is a very slow-moving business that takes an awful lot of space and time.
Would you rather they all got flogged off to Africa, furthering the scarce availability of s/hand uk parts????

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have often thought the same myself tbh. Some perfectly good trucks seem to get broken. Worth more in bits than putting back on the road. Bet he doesnt even drive one.. will admit to buying a few bits though. .:eusa-shhh:

Not knocking the guy for breaking them. Just sad to see them broken...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to keep them on the road nowadays by doing them and moving them on. Less and less around getting

I have often thought the same myself tbh. Some perfectly good trucks seem to get broken. Worth more in bits than putting back on the road. Bet he doesnt even drive one.. will admit to buying a few bits though. .:eusa-shhh:

Bet he does, how do you think he knows whats good to warrant, both 80's and 100's. Has at least 2 daily drivers.
Been to both his places , a good few times, most of the stuff he gets is right at the bottom of the food chain in terms of condition and he has been known to sell complete trucks that even he said he couldn't bring himself to break.
He provides a service and if it wasn't him it would be someone else.

I've had bits from him in the past with no problems. As the years march on I guess we (80 series owners) will become more and more reliant on him and people like him and there aren't that many. With Landrover breakers/spares you can take your pick and pick what you take, we're at the other end of the scale in terms of availability. JMO

Bet he does, how do you think he knows whats good to warrant, both 80's and 100's. Has at least 2 daily drivers.
Been to both his places , a good few times, most of the stuff he gets is right at the bottom of the food chain in terms of condition and he has been known to sell complete trucks that even he said he couldn't bring himself to break.
He provides a service and if it wasn't him it would be someone else.

fair enough.

I've often thought exactly what the OP and title said. Except one of his listings he put up photos of a truck being broken. It was truly heartbreaking especially lifting the body off with a telehandler.

I do however agree, he provides a service.

"I do however agree, he provides a service."

so do whores and smack dealers..:icon-biggrin:

joking..

Back