Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Power Window Problem

FilleFloe

Country Flag
sweden
Hi,

I recently bought a 2002 HDJ100, the only power window that works is the drivers one.
I've tested all controls, including the master (driver) control, but the other windows wont move, and no sound from the motors or anything. I pulled of the passengers door trim and connected the motor directly to the battery and it worked. So at least the passenger door motor is OK.
I checked the Workshop Manual, and It's seems like the Drivers and Rear Driver side has a fuse together and Passenger and rear passenger has another one together. So i guess atleast the fuse for driver and rear driver is OK.
I also checked the cable leading to the passenger control switch and there is 12.4volts.
I also opened up the master control and it looks brand new inside, aswell as the passenger one.
I'm not sure if it could be a relay or something.

It seems like either, the 3 controls are dead, somehow, or something else?

Anyone has any ideas?

Hi,

I recently bought a 2002 HDJ100, the only power window that works is the drivers one.
I've tested all controls, including the master (driver) control, but the other windows wont move, and no sound from the motors or anything. I pulled of the passengers door trim and connected the motor directly to the battery and it worked. So at least the passenger door motor is OK.
I checked the Workshop Manual, and It's seems like the Drivers and Rear Driver side has a fuse together and Passenger and rear passenger has another one together. So i guess atleast the fuse for driver and rear driver is OK.
I also checked the cable leading to the passenger control switch and there is 12.4volts.
I also opened up the master control and it looks brand new inside, aswell as the passenger one.
I'm not sure if it could be a relay or something.

It seems like either, the 3 controls are dead, somehow, or something else?

Anyone has any ideas?
When you turn on the ignition do all the window buttons light up or just one (the drivers one) ?

When you turn on the ignition do all the window buttons light up or just one (the drivers one) ?

Hi Steve,

I just checked and all the lights on the master control is working. The passenger and rear ones did not light up, but I'm not sure, maybe they shouldn't.

Hi Steve,

I just checked and all the lights on the master control is working. The passenger and rear ones did not light up, but I'm not sure, maybe they shouldn't.
Ok, I assume when you switch off the passenger interlock they all go out (except the drivers one) if that is the case it looks like there is a brake in the wiring (check the drivers door first) as it goes from the door to the pillar.
the other thing to check is the interlock switch although if they are all lit it is poss not the switch

There is an ECU under the steering wheel that controls the windows check that out as well.

When the "disable passenger windows" button is pressed, the lights go out in all the passenger window buttons, both in the drivers door and in each individual. I've heard about broken wires between drivers door and the pillar, som that's where I would check first. Also check the ECU/plug -- especially if someone's been in there to install a radio or some other extras.

Edit: Welcome on board, btw. Good to see another nordic. Are you on the west coast?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi,

It was the wire harness coming from the drivers side into the door.
There was a black/yellow cable that was cut in half.

Not sure if there is a FAQ for this. Have seen a similar post on a swedish forum, but i can't seem to find it again.

Thanks a lot for the input!

Well done for finding it FF. It would be good if you can stick around. If you do, head on over to the introduce yourself section and say hi. Would be good to have you aboard.

Back