Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Prado August 2007 update

volkan

Country Flag
turkey
Hello There,

I am new to the forum and planning to buy a secondhand 3.0 diesel prado. I am new to all SUVs. We will be driving the car in urban settings most of the time. I am doing a search on the net and thank you for sharing your experience with the newbees. It is written in wikipedia that " From August 2007 the Prado received several equipment and safety upgrades." Do you know what these updates are and are they worth considering? Do you have a practical chechlist for buying a car of 2007 and 2008? is there a certain year era to buy?

Thank you in advance for your very valuable and respected answers.

Volkan

Hello There,

I am new to the forum and planning to buy a secondhand 3.0 diesel prado. I am new to all SUVs. We will be driving the car in urban settings most of the time. I am doing a search on the net and thank you for sharing your experience with the newbees. It is written in wikipedia that " From August 2007 the Prado received several equipment and safety upgrades." Do you know what these updates are and are they worth considering? Do you have a practical chechlist for buying a car of 2007 and 2008? is there a certain year era to buy?

Thank you in advance for your very valuable and respected answers.

Volkan
Hi Volkan
Try to get a prado/Lc120 that was made in june 2007 upwards as that was when toyota changed injector seals to alloy from copper for a much better blow by seal in engine. In some countrys toyota paid for change to alloy for free,dont know about Turkey. Every nation has its own spec and model code in Cyprus they use uk spec .They were upgraded for 2007 upwards in power and equipment. Lc3 to lc4 have normal shocks and coilsprings lc5 and invicable have rear air springs and auto active all round suspention. Lc4 upwards have leather seats and door trim and satnav.sun roof.active traction control,stebillty control,and more, Best go for DIESEL with automatic gearbox its a much better car to drive 2007 upwards its a 5 speed instead of 4 speed. You could try google UK toyota Landcruiser LC 120 specs and equipment grades. One thing for sure Prado/lc120 are the best cars around. I have owned Lexus ls460 V8s and other fine cars but top spec Lc120 are nearly as lux as them but much more macho.

Hi Volkan
Try to get a prado/Lc120 that was made in june 2007 upwards as that was when toyota changed injector seals to alloy from copper for a much better blow by seal in engine. In some countrys toyota paid for change to alloy for free,dont know about Turkey. Every nation has its own spec and model code in Cyprus they use uk spec .They were upgraded for 2007 upwards in power and equipment. Lc3 to lc4 have normal shocks and coilsprings lc5 and invicable have rear air springs and auto active all round suspention. Lc4 upwards have leather seats and door trim and satnav.sun roof.active traction control,stebillty control,and more, Best go for DIESEL with automatic gearbox its a much better car to drive 2007 upwards its a 5 speed instead of 4 speed. You could try google UK toyota Landcruiser LC 120 specs and equipment grades. One thing for sure Prado/lc120 are the best cars around. I have owned Lexus ls460 V8s and other fine cars but top spec Lc120 are nearly as lux as them but much more macho.
Hi Volkan
Sorry it was october 2007 when toyota changed injector seals to alloy from copper
Kind Regards
Antonis

Best go for DIESEL with automatic gearbox its a much better car to drive 2007 upwards its a 5 speed instead of 4 speed.

UK Spec Diesels got a 5sp auto box from October 2004.

2007 is when the Invincible became the top spec model. Don't know what extra goodies you got in it over an LC5 though. Think it has DVD screens in the headrests.

UK Spec Diesels got a 5sp auto box from October 2004.

2007 is when the Invincible became the top spec model. Don't know what extra goodies you got in it over an LC5 though. Think it has DVD screens in the headrests.

Hi Rob
Mine is a june 2009 Invincible it has no dvd screens but it has bluetooth and dark REAL walnut wood on doors, dash, and part steering wheel from LEXUS LX470 V8 USA whitch is there version of the Lc120. I paid £16k in july in UK for this car to ship to CYPRUS. In Cyprus this car will cost 55k Plus EUROS. I have added some mods to improve the car,like 265/70/17 bf goodrich A/T KO2 whitch make the car drive much better on bends and roudabouts and off road they are a must for this car. K&N air filter, oil catch can , egr blanking plate,whitch adds aroud 15 bhp, ozbush manual fuel mapper whitch stops engine light on dash lighting up with blanking egr valve but plus also adds more bhp or more mpg if you turn dial + for bhp or minus for mpg on control nob on top of mapper,LED headlights,fog and side lights and rear lights,modify engine cover to just cover intercooler 4 screws for much better acess to engine and better cooling air for intercooler more for CYPRUS hot summers cover has padding in under side whitch makes intercooler less effictive.
Kind Regards
Antonis

Have you got some pics Tony we like pics.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The invincible spec changed 4 times during the 120 years. It was initially based on the lc4 with larger wheels, chipped ecu for a 200bhp win, and a few other superficial bits. Iater they added tinted windows, then moved to a lc5 platform, finally added dvd headrests and rear camera as standard. Only the first year (?) Were the 200bhp, the rest were just the regular 174bhp of 120 d4d's.

I prefer the lc5 :)

Have you got some pics Tony we like pics.

Hi Sag
I will take some, will have to ask my kids or wife to show me how to post them on here as I dont know how to do it. I am new things like that.

Got to admit I found it hard lol,just press the photo frame pic in the reply box to the right of the smiley face icon and will give the option to choose from your photo library the just press upload.good luck:think:

Got to admit I found it hard lol,just press the photo frame pic in the reply box to the right of the smiley face icon and will give the option to choose from your photo library the just press upload.good luck:think:
Hi sag
Thanks Wil try it when I take some pics.

Hi Sag
Just noticed your in Holmfirth its a small world I am in Huddersfield I run a cafe in town called caledonian cafe next time your in town call in for a free coffee.
I can talk about Landcruisers till the cows come home. Wife thinks I am Landcruiser anarak.
Kind Regards
Tony

Hi Tony. Will be good to meet a forum member and by the way my wife will say the same.

Thank You

Dear Antonis, Geekokent and all for valuable your help.

Best Regards

Volkan

Dear Antonis, Geekokent and all for valuable your help.

Best Regards

Volkan
Hi Volkan
Some Prados/Lc120 cars like UN or Goverment cars are very basic , like no side body panels and low rent interiors smaller thinner wheels, they are best left for farmers. If fitting BF GOODRICH A/T KO2 TYRES best go for 265/70/17 instead 265/65/17 they give 13mm more lift and more acurate speed reading and air tyres to 38 psi for road use not 29psi as toyota book says as bf a/t ko2 tyres have a MUCH stiffer side walls,
38psi will give ko2 tyre 100,000 km life plus much better fuel econemy, and better fast roadholding, low tyre noise and smoother ride, Mine rides as smooth as LEXUS LS460 I had before I got this car.
Kind Regards
Antonis

Hi Volkan
Some Prados/Lc120 cars like UN or Goverment cars are very basic , like no side body panels and low rent interiors smaller thinner wheels, they are best left for farmers. If fitting BF GOODRICH A/T KO2 TYRES best go for 265/70/17 instead 265/65/17 they give 13mm more lift and more acurate speed reading and air tyres to 38 psi for road use not 29psi as toyota book says as bf a/t ko2 tyres have a MUCH stiffer side walls,
38psi will give ko2 tyre 100,000 km life plus much better fuel econemy, and better fast roadholding, low tyre noise and smoother ride, Mine rides as smooth as LEXUS LS460 I had before I got this car.
Kind Regards
Antonis

If anybody needs more info on Prado/Lc120s allso look on PRADOPOINT forum in AUSTRALIA they sell there in much much more numbers, so they have more info on them thats where I get most of my info from. Some of them on there are Prado macanics.
Kind Regards
Antonis

Dear Antonis and all
You have helped me a lot. Thank you so much. While looking for a prado I have come across a 2005 land cruiser vx V8. We loved the car and made a deal. I am happy as a kid. I am so surprised how you sit so high and feel like being in an airport control tower. Lots of detailing to do. I guess you will kick me off to the oldies but goldies 100 series section. Antonis and all others who ever come to Ankara, Turkey. Drop me a line please. We will eat some good food.

Take care

Volkan, Glad you found your cruiser!

Remember to post pics once you start using it. Wonder if a club trip to Turkey might come up in the future.

Well done Volkan, glad you now have the 'cruiser grin' on your face. [emoji4]

Dear Antonis and all
You have helped me a lot. Thank you so much. While looking for a prado I have come across a 2005 land cruiser vx V8. We loved the car and made a deal. I am happy as a kid. I am so surprised how you sit so high and feel like being in an airport control tower. Lots of detailing to do. I guess you will kick me off to the oldies but goldies 100 series section. Antonis and all others who ever come to Ankara, Turkey. Drop me a line please. We will eat some good food.

Take care
Hi Volkan
Well done I am happy for you welcome to the family of landcruisers I an sure you will be happy with your choice. Its funny how in Turkey, Cyprus, Greece we love are food.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Kind Regards
Antonis

GeekOKent A club trip would be very welcomed. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here. Turkey has wonderful roads and people to meet (just like Greece and Cyprus or many other countries). I will do my best to host you all. If you ever plan to come I will do my best to find the tourism agencies. Antonis my friend Turks and Greeks are seperated brothers. I will certainly post pictures. I wonder if I should post them to 100 series forum. Please a senior member let me know. Yesterday the car was purchased and today I took it to an official service (first time ever im my life). They are changing all the fluids and doing a full check up. The truck is my best toy now :)

Best Wishes
Volkan

Last edited:
Back