Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

private message

sharpy

Country Flag
uk
Hi i cant PM anyone i have tried clicking on the avatar and nothing comes up about starting a conversation
can you advise please

regards simon

Try clicking on "Inbox" top right hand corner.

You should get an option for "start new conversation". (it seems they're called conversations now, not PMs).

thanks for the reply clive i just need to get my posts upto 20 then i can chat

regards simon

thanks for pointing me in the right direction crispin

regards simon

Well Simon, you clocked up 3 posts with this one, so fire of a few individual verses of your favourite song, we'll have a go at guessing the song and by that time you'll have 20 posts racked-up for sure :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
if only i could remember the verses of my favorite songs, nevermind dont stop thinking about tomorrow before i hit the highway to hell and wonder which way to go at the crossroads :)

nevermind dont stop thinking about tomorrow before i hit the highway to hell and wonder which way to go at the crossroads

Old Nirvana album, Fleetwood Mac, Beth Orton, AC/DC, the last reference had me, Clapton maybe?:thumbup:

The last one conjured up old images of Benny on the Brmingham soap, put me right off :laughing-rolling:, but it must be Cream, or as you suggested Clapton (kinda the same thing).

I'm thinking crossroads is a guitar duel something about the devil , dueling banjo's style ?

I think that the crossroads and the pact with the devil thing came from stories emerged referring to Robert Johnson after his death. Often considered to be fanciful, and put about when the sorrowful type of what is now generally called blues (originally called jubilee melodies or songs) started to be listened to and emulated by a wider (white) audience.

All interesting stuff, but what happened to Simon and his post count? :think:

It got off to a fine start though :icon-biggrin:

Looks like Simon's passed the 20 marker now.:thumbup:

The song i had in mind has bugged me all day but i think it may be The devil went down to Georgia which has absolutely nothing to do with crossroads :wtf:

I think there maybe some confusion with the film Crossroads which is a sort of blues music version of the Karate Kid. In it there's a dual involving Steve Vai.

Shayne, not thinking of the film with Jack Black are you? Tenacious D and the dual with the devil?

I have passed the 20 posts mark and I had no idea how much fun you guys would have with the song references and FYI the crossroads reference was Clapton perhaps we should start a word association game thread but with song titles

As long as it's restricted to songs with the word Landcruiser in the title.

I was standing at a crossroads in Wilmslow Arizona; such a fine sight to see
It's a girl my Lord in flatbed 78 Landcruiser
Slowing down to take a look at me

OK so maybe the Eagle's original was better.

Back