Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

prodip

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
Last edited:
I can't see that being a good idea Americans use it to paint wheels because it can just be peeled off by hand if you want to go back to the original colour .

was looking at this to maybe put on the side panels of the LC to give it a bit of protect while on lanes in Europe

https://www.prodip.eu/

Wayne's boy who is a sprayer by trade said he would do for if i help

I don't know this product but it looks like it would serve the purpose. Maybe someone with experience of it would give you a better idea.

I've protected my 80 (as you may know) with clear plastic wrap, it was fairly expensive being the thickest grade available, but over the last 2 years of a severe scratchy environment, it's holding up very well. I'm pleased with it. If this product is as tough, then it would work out cheaper, especially as you would select areas for protection, as opposed to an all-over wrap.

i will order a couple of cans to test out down at the workshop and see what its like

Good man :thumbup:

I am skeptical because scratches in paint can be touched up a buffed out and i can't imagine an invisible repair in torn rubber . You never know until you try though .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've used plastidip on 2 of my cars in the past. For something like sacrificial protection to the body works it will work very well. Remarkably easy to apply from an aerosl and gives a nice smooth even finish. No real surface prep required and easily comes off when needed

Would it work where you have the lacquer peeling?

I had that on the 90 last year and bit the bullet and went down the repaint route.

Now we have similar happening to a small patch on the Yaris' bonnet. So rather than fork out a few hundred £s (which might be a large proportion of the value of the car!), I was again thinking about a vinyl wrap or similar solution. This might just tick all the boxes?

If its of low value Chadr it might be an ideal opportunity to hone your rattlecan touchup skills .

Through trial and error i have finally discovered the secret to a good finish has nothing to do with the application of paint but instead results from removing the access paint with mild abrasives and polishing . I did a 1x2ft section of bonnet and it would be entirely invisible had i opted for a paint mixed to match instead of an off the shelf Toyota black from halfords .

Back