Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

project LC80

LC80tim

Country Flag
england
Hi this is what I purchased 1992 4.2td with 189k on it, uk vehicle thats had 2 owners and kept garaged ( might explain the lack of rust ) got a few signs of rust but not alot for a 24 yr old car.
You may have read my posts on BEB and rear diff lock problems but all rectified now.
Have fitted lift / snorkel / cb radio and general maintenance like cv's needed changing, more stuff to come like winch / bumper and probably tyres.
No photo's with stuff fitted yet but will take some in the Lake's on it's first outing this weekend :)

IMG_20161023_183851_zpsekwp9sbf.jpg

IMG_20161023_183931_zpszydtohvx.jpg

next to my disco
20161026_164450_zpsyj3xhybo.jpg

Nice one Tim, you've been busy!

Glad you've got the BEBs job behind you.

After I read some of the horror stories on this forum, I recon I held my breath for about 3 weeks straight, till I could get mine done.

Hi this is what I purchased 1992 4.2td with 189k on it, uk vehicle thats had 2 owners and kept garaged ( might explain the lack of rust ) got a few signs of rust but not alot for a 24 yr old car.
You may have read my posts on BEB and rear diff lock problems but all rectified now.
Have fitted lift / snorkel / cb radio and general maintenance like cv's needed changing, more stuff to come like winch / bumper and probably tyres.
No photo's with stuff fitted yet but will take some in the Lake's on it's first outing this weekend :)

View attachment 109518

View attachment 109519

next to my disco
View attachment 109520
Good looking truck that. Do like the gold on a 80.

Looks a nice 80. did it come from Bristol?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks a nice 80. did it come from Bristol?

no it's lived in north staffs area for most of it's life, got it from a dealer in stoke on trent, now lives in stafford

Another little mod today was I've fitted a double din stereo to replace the radio cassette ( original ) much better sound now and can bring the cd's back out :) will take a piccy when it's light as went dark on me, only took an hour to fit which surprised me lol

Another little mod today was I've fitted a double din stereo to replace the radio cassette ( original ) much better sound now and can bring the cd's back out :) will take a piccy when it's light as went dark on me, only took an hour to fit which surprised me lol

Does it have a touch screen, or at least a screen?

Usually its very easy to rig a cheapo reverse camera switched from the gearbox, it really is one of the most used and practical improvements I've made to my truck, apart from the lift :lol:

Does it have a touch screen, or at least a screen?

Usually its very easy to rig a cheapo reverse camera switched from the gearbox, it really is one of the most used and practical improvements I've made to my truck, apart from the lift :lol:

No screen, just wanted CD player and radio with hands free built in ( Bluetooth ) did think of the reverse camera side an DVD / TV but decided it wouldn't be used so went for basics @ £119

My JVC was about £150 equivalent, no DVD, but CD, and memory stick MP3, Bluetooth inputs and Bluetooth voice actuated (if you want it) hands free.

Bluetooth is great, I can play music from my iPad, the kid's iPad, or from any of our phones.

But it does have a screen and a camera input, which surprisingly I've really appreciated.

First thing I changed was the stereo for a double din unit, a very worthwhile upgrade imo.

20161217_080518.jpg

Just remembered to take a pic :)

Mmmm,

shiny :icon-biggrin:

Got to have some shiny stuff lol, most of the work I've done to it has been none visible :) got new tyres on now, new wheel bearings to be fitted this week, bumper and winch next on the list ( got something lined up :) ) when I get chance I've got to clean it up underneath and get it buzzwelded for protection, and general maintenance to do, absolutely smitten with the 80 and wished I'd done it years ago instead of ploughing ££££'s into landrovers

Great looking car Tim, what are the bolt on things on the front of the roo bar?

Just been and had exhaust modded ( was getting ropey anyway ) remove centre and rear box and side exit, picks up so much quicker now and no loud at all so well pleased :)

Last edited:
Back