Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

Supplies of Unsourceable parts don't come Cheap......

Worth every penning Higgy ;)

Massive thanks for sending these over!
No worries Mate.... I think most members have had a Colorado in their lives, Cant think of a bad word ever been said.... When your done you will have a very Capable Truck... Like iv said before vastly underrated Truck.... Crack On:thumbup:

Body lift going in...

IMG_20190718_214509.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I saw a Nissan Navara painted in something similar the other day, At first i thought it was just badly painted with a Emulsion long Pile Roller..It was Matt Black.. Looked like you could hit it with a hammer and it wouldn't Chip... Like i said in a PM to you. I wish i was brave enough to hand paint my 80 in Total sea salt Immersion Marine paint.... Last forever!...... Depends if you want Buffed up shiny or Toughness....... Getting it wrapped is an option. They are tougher than you would think and a lot of folk are doing it now...

I used Raptor Phil.

Id say you either need a bigggggg compressor or a good gun to get the finsh you want.

I saw a Nissan Navara painted in something similar the other day, At first i thought it was just badly painted with a Emulsion long Pile Roller..It was Matt Black.. Looked like you could hit it with a hammer and it wouldn't Chip... Like i said in a PM to you. I wish i was brave enough to hand paint my 80 in Total sea salt Immersion Marine paint.... Last forever!...... Depends if you want Buffed up shiny or Toughness....... Getting it wrapped is an option. They are tougher than you would think and a lot of folk are doing it now...
Hey Higgy sorry for late reply on your PM.. Been a bit nuts last few days.

I'm going for tough and durable.. The truck needs to do me at least 10 years without needing another strip down rebuild!

@Mojo has done his 80 in LineX or similar I believe.

Watched a West Coast customs (don't ask... I needed something to get me to sleep) where they did a car with it... Impressive stuff... Then found that a place near me does it. Waiting back for a quote.

Im happy with it. To do a complete truck i think you would be 8L approx. so 160. Flat paint down and blow it on job done lol.

Im happy with it. To do a complete truck i think you would be 8L approx. so 160. Flat paint down and blow it on job done lol.
Yeah it looks ridiculously simple! And cost effective. You reckon that would do the whole truck including inside?

Fitted the lift kit with the eldest this evening... Well I say fitted what I really mean is sort of fitted... Sort of after the eldest forgot to put one of the metal collars back in one of the bushes resulting in us doing up the nut so much it went up the collar.. Threaded itself and now needs to be cut off...

BALLS! :angry-screaming:

Back