Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Propane Injection

IRLGW

Has anyone installed or considered a propane injection on a diesel 80 series. I was thinking of trialling it as diy install before investing in a real kit but wondering if anyone had prior knowledge? Admittedly, I haven't come across it on any threads but possibly someone has had it on another type of vehicle.

I nearly bought an 80 with it on a few years ago glen but just missed it.
The seller claimed it lifted the performance somewhat and gave far better fuel economy. He did seem genuine so I doubt he was lying. I have been wrong about genuine people a couple of times though lol.

Never used it but seen a few trucks with it on. Its basically a Nitro system for a diesel engine.

The conversions I have seen it doesn't look good as just have a hose going into the induction pipe

Look at Australian systems. It's been popular down there. The good ones have sensors and proportional mix.
Gives a better combustion of the diesel and a longer power stroke. Less soot and pollution as well as the combustion is more complete. As the power stroke is longer and smoother, it gives a lower peak stress on the moving parts in the engine, even if you get a higher overall output.
I would have installed it long time ago if it wasn't for the regulations for having a gas tank in a vehicle. It has to be installed and certified by an approved company, and they know how to charge for their monopoly, at least around here.
PS
Isn't it called gas fumigation? And it's propane or LPG.

I was thinking of it as a cleaner solution as it is can be controlled by boost so only comes in when its needed. with it being injected into the intake then its a very simple system. Not unlike water injection I suppose but I was thinking a small jet in the intake, a pressue regulator and a manual valve or solenoid valve for experimental purposes. might be the new year project if I dont burn the thing down in the process...

Does it raise EGT's with the gas? I read about a 1hz with gas and the guy wreckoned that it raised them.. but was he using too much gas?

But tempting if it gives better mpg...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back