Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pull to Right When Braking

We have progress, both arsehole washers are in place :D

A little bit of work with the Persuader and then holding the outer washers in place as the arm is offered up, as Flint suggested, and the a bit of BFH and its in.

Time for a celebratory pie, before tightening everything up

Result !! Glad there's still a place for "impact engineering" in todays world ;-)

Frustrating one side slipped in easy and the other was an absolute pig, but its done now :)

And?.................oh yes forgot that bit :D the pull under braking is gone and everything feels much tighter driving. Can't really compare with new OEM bushes as I've never had any but does feel nicer to drive.

Still say the design of the steering rack location is shite, couldn't find any sensible way to torque up the rear mounts as the sodding thing is in the way. 1cm higher and there would be no problem.

Given the lack of access I settled for bastard tight with a spanner!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you read the thread (I see your commenting on several that are few years old at the moment)? The problems was the lower arm bushes and has long since been fixed

Excellent, another problem solved... :thumbup:

I’m old Mark, excuse me ...

On this forum, I almost always use “new posts” but sometimes it takes me to old ones.

Of course I don’t check dates or anything useful, and there you go :lol:

hey, ho...

Oh Nurse ... I think Mr Clive would like to go back to his room now. Yes dear, she'll be along with your pills soon. I know I know, such a shame about Mr Churchill ....

Whatever next. Radio with pictures I shouldn't wonder.

Back