Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pulled over for being 'intimidating'

Tommo&Claire

Garage
I'm so outraged i have got to share this....

I was driving out of the Base this afternoon and came to a stop a set of traffic lights behind a police car. Lights changed, we pulled away and the police car moved over and i overtook him. Next thing i know he's behind me with lights going and telling me to pull over.

So i did so and he tells me that my driving style needs to change and he felt very intimidated with me behind him (even though we were stopped). I tried to make the point that he didnt see me drive anywhere as i drove out of the gates of the naval base and then the traffic lights are about half a mile, where he was already waiting at the lights, thus what did he see of my driving? Plus the fact that i was not exactly right up to his back bumper either.

He then did a slow walk round of the truck and told me that it was illegal that my rear brake lights were obscured by mud (havent cleaned the truck since the weekend). I again tried to stand my ground a bit by pointing out that i have got not only the indicators in the bumper but indicators in the D pillars precisely for that reason. There is so much light at the back of my truck there is just no way you couldnt see it! But he wouldnt have it and was set on giving me a bollocking.

So i just stood there and took it..... :cry:

WTF!

Tommo, was that down in gosport?
Maybe a bored policeman

What a total c#*k! Probably just envy. Does p1ss you off though!

He felt intimidated!? What a plonker!

Infuriating when another human being is able to treat you like this and you are powerless to do anything about it.

I just tell myself when these things happen that his only power in life comes from his 'badge'. Without it he is a nobody.

What an idiot :!:

If you can get a copy of today's sun there was a story about a copper that nicked an innocent dad saying he was threatening but he didn't realise the dad recorded it all on his mobile and it got thrown out of court. Perhaps he is a relative of this copper :lol:

Joe

Yeah this was about half a mile outside of the Naval Base and i was in uniform....

Maybe a local sailor got his daughter pregnant or something, now he hates all matelots.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Small. Penis.

I got pulled for not giving in when an unmarked cop tried to overtake me in a single lane circle and then later trying to cut in front of me. Read me the riot act. When I questioned him on his overtaking strategies he went purple.

You'll be on your way quicker if you just take it, let him have his way. It'll make him think he did a good job....

/rant.
p.s. You should ask to borrow Ian's red one for the next encounter. :twisted:

if i were in Ian's or Jon's i would have understood the intimidation thing..... but my little 90, come on....!

He must have been bullied as a child and is probably on the wrong end of a lot of jokes still back at the station ;)

what a goon......

Feel free to borrow my 80 (when the winch bumper is on) next time to pull up behind him.... :twisted:

Hmmm - did you get his force number? I'd always take a note of that, get my phone out an take all the relevant photos and then go to his station commander to have a discussion. Being a uniformed policeman does not place you above the law, and he was bordering on harassment and possibly a case of crimen injuria if he obstructed you any longer - you should have gone 'Official Business - push off ...' :lol:

Oh - update - from Wiki:

Crimen injuria is a crime under South African common law, defined to be the act of "unlawfully, intentionally and seriously impairing the dignity of another." [1] Although difficult to precisely define, the crime is used in the prosecution of certain instances of road rage [2], stalking [1], racially offensive language [3] , emotional or psychological abuse [4] and sexual offences against children.

So maybe UK law doesn't have this?? Weird ...

Its this sort of copper that drops the good un's in the pooh... I wonder if he takes exception to all large vehicles pulling up behind him at traffic lights?

Infuriating!!!

sadly there is no shortage of rule-crazy meglomanic police officers in this world - just grin & bear it , but take names & photos too

Tommo&Claire said:
I'm so outraged i have got to share this....I was driving out of the Base this afternoon and came to a stop a set of traffic lights behind a police car. Lights changed, we pulled away and the police car moved over and i overtook him. Next thing i know he's behind me with lights going and telling me to pull over.So i did so and he tells me that my driving style needs to change and he felt very intimidated with me behind him (even though we were stopped). I tried to make the point that he didnt see me drive anywhere as i drove out of the gates of the naval base and then the traffic lights are about half a mile, where he was already waiting at the lights, thus what did he see of my driving? Plus the fact that i was not exactly right up to his back bumper either. He then did a slow walk round of the truck and told me that it was illegal that my rear brake lights were obscured by mud (havent cleaned the truck since the weekend). I again tried to stand my ground a bit by pointing out that i have got not only the indicators in the bumper but indicators in the D pillars precisely for that reason. There is so much light at the back of my truck there is just no way you couldnt see it! But he wouldnt have it and was set on giving me a bollocking.
So i just stood there and took it..... :cry:
Occasionally you do get a good one, a few years ago I was out on my Honda VFR for the first ride after getting it repaired and felt like a blast :twisted: , on my way back home I was pulled over by the plod who asked "did I know the speed limit on this road" :roll: and invited me back to the patrol car to view the video, which clearly showed I had been doing a max of 110mph :o then he said "We have been following you for a while but as you were driving (riding?) sensibly, slowing for traffic etc; we followed you for long enough to get your average below 100mph (which would have resulted in an instant 1 year ban :cry: ) so I ended up with just three points and a £60 fine :D
Chas

A few years ago I was pulled over for creeping past a traffic police car at an indicated 75mph (which is 71 on GPS) on an empty M4 at night in the wet (not raining) with salt on the roads. I stopped and a policewoman got out and started to shout at me accusing me of speeding :shock: This carried on until she started to talk about the salty conditions causing poor visibility to which I explained that I had cleaned the headlights and topped up with washer fluid before before I left. I then asked when is the last time you cleaned the salt of your headlights? She then started shouting even louder and 2 minutes later she just let me go :?

Seems to be very hit and miss with their attitude, and why would a traffic police car be travelling at 70mph on a motorway anyway? They either travel at 50-60 (if they are on the lookout for something) or well above 70.

rant over

assume the worst and you're rarely wrong :roll: hang on, now I sound like a rambler :lol:

Back