Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quad Light Conversion

Mojo

Country Flag
hong_kong
I know this has been posted on Ih8mud a few years ago, but am half toying with the idea of converting mine to the quad 80 headlight, as below.
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.52.27.png

Does anybody have a set of these lying around? I dont need the sealed bulb units as i plan to add the Ultraflex LED...or will these be an instant MOT failure and a reason to be fined by the cops?
I think they were mainly for OZ and Asian markets. On Amayama all the parts are there..for about US$300.
Has anybody done this conversion recently?

TBH I don't see what advantage they give ? I would save your money , upgrade the wiring to the headlights and fit relays then fit some decent Halogen bulbs .....you can get halogen bulbs anywhere ....if one of your flash LED units goes wrong in the Ulu you won't find replacement easy

Have been some good reviews from Oz on the 4x6 LED set up. Knowing how bad the H1 light output on the OEM headlight is..and have never really liked the sealed unit, will try and source quad unit from scrapyard and convert.

Can't see them being EU legal as there is no cut off for dip beam .... ...that's why OE lenses have the pattern on the glass . They don't seem to offer R/H or L/H dip options . They seem like tractor / digger worklights sold as headlights .

Back