Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Question on modifying

Trey

My son purchased a 1997 Land Cruiser that is in remarkable shape and extremely well taken care of. Unfortunately, he did so before realizing it's a pretty tight fit for him while driving given his height. Is there a way to modify this to create some extra room for him? I am not very car-savvy so I apologize for the lack of knowledge and am probably asking a dumb question. But any suggestions on what may be options would be greatly appreciated.

You can modify the seat rails and slide the seat back. I have and the difference is amazing. There is a kit for the leather seats that's available in the US. I keep meaning to make some, but I'm lazy.

They look like this. There's some work to do and you need to be confident, but it does transform the leg room. Alternatively, I'm sure there are people who'd help to take a decent 97 off your hands for you.
Seat slider.jpg
Seat slider 2.jpg

Thank you very much for the reply. Any ideas on where I find the kit?

Is this for a 90 series . Coz I struggle for legroom also .

When Trev asked for help with a 97 Cruiser, I figured it to be an 80. The 95 always had more legroom in my view. So which is it a late 80 or an early 90?

Can't help you at all if you are asking about a Colorado.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But we need to know what model landcruiser

Is it a late registered 80 series a 90 series or even an early 100 series

So many variants of landcruiser

These are all Landcruisers Trey

ba95c9b8c31204eebc1d542a414228c5.png

I reckon you would need to be about 6ft 6" tall before you need to modify the seat in a 90 series though it might not seem like it if you haven't noticed the steering wheel is height adjustable ?

All except the 55 series of course .... which is best forgotten.

And where's the 150?

Is that available as a poster Shayne? I like that.

Geez...I feel way outside my lane as I don't know any of this stuff. I don't know if this will help but I am attaching a couple pictures of the vehicle itself as I don't know the answer to your question. I do have a carfax on it as well. But showing my lack of knowledge I don't see where it says the type of Land Cruiser it is.

003.jpg 016.JPG 017.JPG

OK that'd be an 80 series then and the part you want is just what I posted first off. It's an American part but not sure who sells it. Get two and post me one!

There's very little to those and something I could run up on the miller very easily. But as with all these things it's the dimensions that I need. The time is all taken in working out the design. I thought about buying a set. There's nothing unique about them; they're just the opposite profile of the seat underside. I know there's a good few people here would like to mod their electric seats. The manual ones are just simple brackets.

I should have added that last time I checked they didn't ship to the UK

Someone called Landtank takes credit for them on MUD , i didn't follow the links to find the kit so the drawings might be on there somewhere ?

Found some others; ordered.

Back