Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

quick computer question

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
i need to send a load of documents to my visa agent in Melbourne, in PDF form. but for some reason the emails keep bouncing back with an error message saying:-

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed. :thumbdown:

is there anyway i can post them securely online some where, and then my visa agent can download them?

any other ideas? :)

I used to use a site called yousendit.com

Was free for docs under 10mb and always worked well, havent used it in a while though.

There could be many reasons Ben, it's quite possible that the recipients mailbox is blocking them due to a size limit.

How many docs are there, and what is the total size?

Sounds like you may either have an incorrect email addy, if not try zipping them up as they may be a bit big.

Take a look at google docs, you can share it there with just them, but I think you both need gmail accounts.

Or just send through the documents one at a time. Sometimes gets you round the size limit :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks guys. :thumbup:

its about 5 pages A4 size that have been scanned.

in PDF form its coming in at 8.1MB.

i can send my visa agent normal emails, so no problem with the address. and i can send the email with attachment to other email address's, and it sends them without issue. :)

its very frustrating, as its taken me a few weeks to get the forms printed off, filled in, and scanned, and i want to get them sent back off asap. :angry-banghead:

That size will bust most commercial mail systems. Try scanning at a lower resolution - 200dpi is fine for printed docs and comes in smaller and easier to mail. Else use google docs or Dropbox as suggested.

Cheers

could send them to me and I can stick them up on a server (http://www.manhq.org, currently pointing to my wife's site :think: ) for them to download. Once they have them let me know and I will remove them.

There should be more to that error though. It could be size limit or user does not exist. Have you mailed to that address before?

8.1 meg is huge for 5 pages. You should try scan at a lower res.

It is a huge size for docs, but the immigration dept do ask that they be very clear colour copies and sometimes handwriting can be unclear, all mine averaged 1 meg per doc but as i uploaded mine direct to their website one at a time no emails were needed so got away with it.

You could upload them to a 'Private' folder on Photobucket - then let the recipient have the password.

When abroad on the bike, I have all my docs scanned and held on photobucket (as well as a couple of additional paper copies in different places) in case critical things go missing.

Bob.

thanks guys, all help much appreciated. :clap:

i got my neighbour to scan them for me, and he emailed them across to me. i could get him to re-scan them at a lower resolution, but hes a busy guy and it took a few days for him to be able to do it the first time. :thumbdown:

i looked into the photobucket option, but it would only let me upload media files and not PDF files. :thumbdown:

thanks for your kind offer Crispin, but i think ive managed to sort it now. :thumbup: :pray:

some one else just beat you with another kind offer to host them for me on their server, so fingers crossed my visa agent can get the docs tomorrow. :thumbup:

Back