Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quick read.

Nice write up, thanks for sharing. Although I don’t off road my Collie, it does everything I need from a car, the only other vehicle that I had which was as practical was my Discovery 3, which was also very reliable but at 10 years old I sold it as LR electrics don’t seem to do well long term. My Collie is 24 years old and in great condition so as I intend on keeping it for a number of years I do the preventive maintenance. It’s of an age now where I actually took it to a classic car show and was readily accepted into the 4WD section.

As someone who has owned and used a Collie (the same one btw) as a daily driver for 18 years, I can certainly relate to that article.

Having said that, the times I've been tempted to sell have been numerous but I always find an excuse not to - or the one time, I actually did sell, buy it back within the year!

The Collie really is a jack-of-all-trades, do it all vehicle and still relatively affordable.

Yeah it's a great car, we got ours for camping and the odd trip when the other car was busy but it's really morphed into my daily driver. Almost at 390,000km now. Try and do all the preventative maintenance I can plus regular services.

As someone who has owned and used a Collie (the same one btw) as a daily driver for 18 years, I can certainly relate to that article.

The Collie really is a jack-of-all-trades, do it all vehicle and still relatively affordable.

Our ownership experience is similar I reckon, though I would go as far as to say the 95 is THE jack of all trades vehicle. I've had and driven many different things, but nothing that does things quite the way it does. If I had the back seats put into mine, it would tick the family box too. It was a commercial body from new, but can be converted back quite easily, if I could just find a clean middle row of seats and belts, and windows for non crazy money.

Back