Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

R reg 80 series 4.2 24v manual for sale

James Lampard

I bought a decent 1997 4.2 24 gx manual diesel 141,000 with some history to verify Milage yesterday after a along search , as a replacement for my wife's defender 110 csw - I convinced her it wasn't any bigger - at this stage she is not as happy as I had hoped !! Finding it to wide etc
The original plan was to sell the defender it's looking like it might be the landcruiser !!
The car is in Gloucestershire and I can be contacted on 07770585333
Cheers Jim

Yes, you begger, you beat me to this one. We were going to look at it, but it went. Now we know where.

It did look very good. How'd it compare when you go there?

Chris

Hi Chris sorry about that !!!!! advert went on at 10.30 sat pm
I called her 8am sun morn not very thoughtful I know !!!
Her husband was away till Friday so put deposit down via PayPal
It was nt quite a pretty as in the pictures !!!!! but very tidy interior aircon or sun roof not working - exhaust looking old - alloys quite tarnished
but drives nicely - yet to convince the wife of that !!!
The defender was the car we bought just after we got married took us to the hospital for both children etc etc and it is shiny and black and basically she loves it - if we keep it I will have to fit an interior from a much newer model that has sturdy seats for the kids and probably keep throwing money at it !!!!!

No, no, all's fair in love and cruiser buying. I saw it, but just couldn't get down there. Just too much work on at the moment.

They never are as good as they are in the pictures. Thay say the camera doesn't lie, but it's been my experience that it certainly tells the odd porky that's for sure.

Chris

Last edited:
Back