Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

radiator swap 1993 vs 1991

If you have an auto 80 then you could fit a radiator from a manual 80 but you would have to add a separate oil cooler for the auto trans.

This is because there's a cooler in the base of an auto radiator.... the manual trans doesn't have this...

How ever even if it's an auto radiator and you add an extra cooler before the main one then you get extra cooling which is good for the transmission as it will keep the temperatures down especially if you live in a warm climate or if you tow a trailer up and down inclines and as it's an old transmission by now.

With the points above all 80 series radiators will fit between years. Hope the info helps..

Most after market radiators are auto trans ones and when fitting to a manual trans you just leave the trans cooler bit capped off or use it to heat water for a shower etc if you're into camping out the cruiser .
There are a lot of alloy rads advertised but they all seem to be made in China and I would be dubious of quality and performance .... it may look good but......

That's good advice, some aftermarked ones are half the thickness also.... they look ok in the advert but when they arrive they are thin like an aircon rad lol!

Thanks so much! They are both auto 80's. I just didn't know if the hoses and bolt locations were the same.

The ones that Rough Trax sell are Nissens ones, I believe they are quite a reputable brand.
I have got one ready to go into mine, looks good to me!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back