Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radio removal

tim falce

Does anyone know how to remove the radio surround on a 95, it's the long plastic wood bit that goes top to bottom of the dash. The online manual I have says "using your hands pull the bottom out first" but it doesn't seem to want to budge on mine and I don't want to break it. I have to fit a new aerial and removing the radio seems to be the easiest way, unless there's some better way to get to the back.

It literally does just pull off.. if yours has never been off before, then a flat object to pry in behind the side of the air vents and about half way down the fascia might help. There are 6 spring loaded clips that just push into receiver notches in the dash. It flexes a bit too. The air vents themselves can either come with the whole fascia or detach, they can be a bit fiddly to get back in. Otherwise as simple as that. 4 screws hold the radio in.

Correct, take the bottom out first, then unhook the top and pull off the air duct. Then pull out aux power plug and you can fold to the right. This gives enough room to take out the radio etc and saves disconnecting the other stuff like sub tank gauge.

HVAC controls are on a separate panel so don't worry about these.

Last edited:
Don't pry around the top of the panel as the edges are wafer thin and chip very easily. Ask me how I know!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back