Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radius arm bolts

Rob-o

evening all.

Could anyone tell me the specs for the front radius arm/axle bolts? I need to get hold of some replacements they are slightly longer to accommodate the castor plates I’m finally getting round to fitting.

Thanks!

Did you get the crush tubes with the plates? You normally get the bolts included in the set, but you also need the spacer / crush tube that go in the gap between the plates. I don't have lengths to hand I'm afraid as I junked my CC plates in favour of rear boxes. But you could measure the current length and simply add the width of the plate thickness. You don't want them too long or, as you can see in the top pic, the bolt end will hit the PH rod perch.
BTW only do ONE side at once or at least put a ratchet strap around the axle!!! And only tighten them up once back on its wheels.

CC plate.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG

Thanks Chris, yep I’ve got crush tubes, so no problem there. Length of the bolt isn’t a problem it’s just what size it is. M16 x 1.5 metric fine at a guess? Maybe a bit smaller. Internet searching isn’t being helpful!

Let me have a look. I can certainly tell you that. Pretty sure they're metric fine, yes. But I'll check.

The rear radius arms are m18 as I remember measuring them. Didn't measure the fronts but I'd guess they're the same

Sorry Rob, went out at 11.15 to get 5 new tyres it's 17.00 and I've just got back. To say there was a queue might be the understatement of the century. I'll drink my tea and go and measure up for you.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK yes, the ones I have in the spares box are 16mm x 1.5

Back