Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rare 70 Series?

Didn't even know toyota made 5 cylinder diesels! Very rare indeed. Looks pretty similar to the 6 cylinder 4.2 lump.

Wiki says
  • 1990 – New-generation diesel engines were introduced including a 3.4 L five-cylinder SOHC naturally aspirated motor (1PZ), and a 4.2 L six-cylinderSOHC naturally aspirated motor (1 HZ).

I've been watching that one for most of this year. If only I had the dosh! I'd like to know what's making it stick. Looks like a 5 cylinder version of Clive's.

I've been watching that one for most of this year. If only I had the dosh! I'd like to know what's making it stick. Looks like a 5 cylinder version of Clive's.

Yep, normally asthmatic!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They put the 1PZ in for a couple of years over here in Aus, mainly in the 'heavy' 70 and (I think) in the 73 (MWB) rather than the bigger ones (75 ute, 78 troopy), I think it really replaced the 3B that was in the BJ70 and 73 - they didn't sell many of the PZJ7x, but they pop up every so often.

Seems to be some rusting to the top of the air box which is odd. I'm wondering what's stopping it selling, maybe it's full of rust underneath?

Seems to be some rusting to the top of the air box which is odd. I'm wondering what's stopping it selling, maybe it's full of rust underneath?
It's unusual, and not in a good way, it's old, it's expensive!

I've never been a fan of the "odd wheels " look., it knocks a ton of money off IMO.

Back