Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Re-Covered Steering wheels

Don't forget mine Karl. I'm up for having the Collie one done too, do you need the old unit to re cover?

Hmm yes, looks like I'm not permitted to send messages :(

Hmm yes, looks like I'm not permitted to send messages :(

You possibly need a minimum number of posts Sim, you've got 12, so keep posting, maybe it's 15, nobody seems to know... :think:

Could you tell me how to remove the steering wheel and airbag from my 2004 100 series ?
Or would you recommend that I allow a garage to do this for me ?
Cheers oh are they still the same price

Could you tell me how to remove the steering wheel and airbag from my 2004 100 series ?
Or would you recommend that I allow a garage to do this for me ?
Cheers oh are they still the same price

I wouldn't be qualified to answer that sorry. If someone else wants to that's fine. If you are unsure how to remove it then have a read of the Haynes manual or you would have to get a garage to do it.

Prices have gone up. I will be adding the new price next week.
Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The new price is £160 exchange to forum members. I'm keeping this to a minimum. They will be £170 to anyone else.
Thanks

A 12v wheel I've just had in that has had 2mm padding to make it a little thicker and softer in the hand. After using the 24v steering wheel on my truck and going back to the 12v I found the 12v wheel was quite thin.

image.jpg

Looking stonking Karl.

My 60 wheel is quite thin too compared to the 24v. Not sure if the VX model had a different wheel or not to my GX - probably not.
The rubber material is intact but can be twisted around like it has come unstuck from the metal inner part. Got used to it now but may try to get some glue in tgere to stop it getting worse

Good idea Ben.

You could make some small holes around the back of the wheel and use some flexible glue. Personally I'd try to get some sikaflex in there. That stuffs really good.

Thanks for the tip Karl, was thinking a large syringe to pierce the holes and inject the glue.

I that would work. I'd definitely used something flexible though :)

Karl, are you still able to get steering wheels covered?

you have a pm mate.

anyone else looking for a wheel at the min?

I will be having a 24v one off you mate but just not at the second. Hiding behind the sofa when the rent man is knocking just at present.

No. Not exactly. I am working but for free. Hmm, I know I know.

Back