Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Real world V8 running costs?

Most of that is scaremongering just to drum up business for the garage, I take mine to the local council MOT testing station, they don't do repairs for the public so are not intrested in silly advisories, just honest advice. FYI, you can find you local council MOT testing station on Google.

The front 'anti-roll bar drop links are a common wear item and very, very easy to fix, I had that 'coil springs corroded' on and mot advisori a few MOT's back when I used to take it to a Toyota Dealer' some of the crap they used to come out with was so unbelievabe, they shut up when they relise you know what your talking about.

Anything under the car is going to have some rust on it, the spring are a common scare tactic, they will ware out before they break.

So I think most of that if not all of it is just Bull Shit.
totally agree

The last picture in post #19 looks completely rotten to me but we don't know where it is. The fuel tank guard towards the rear looks pretty lumpy with rust and because of its exposed position is a good indication imo of how much salt the vehicle has been exposed to and what you're likely to find in the common problem spots.

Is this a petrol or diesel? 7500 for a 99(?) petrol sounds high? The low mileage doesn't add much if any value imo unless it's really good underneath. I'd rather have a 200k with acceptable rust than a 90k with serious rust.

Good luck :)

Back