Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear air bags.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Am considering fitting air bags to the rear of my 80 series 24v auto. Has anyone any experience of where to get these and if its lifted do you need taller bags than standard or do you fit a spacer underneath.

Matt Savage in Darley Dale does these and knows Cruiser very well. Worth a chat with him.

I’ve got them fitted inside the springs as ‘helper springs’. Can’t remember offhand where I got them but mine has slightly taller springs, 30mm or so, and they work really well. I don’t remember ordering anything special but I guess if there’s a big lift they could do either taller bags or a spacer.
They’ve helped level the ol’ girl up a treat with the constant weight I have in the back. No more saggy bottom!! Pretty easy fit too by removing the bump stop cone.

I’ve a feeling I found out Karl was doing them after I bought and fitted them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
"I sell a good few sets a year. Great ad on to the trucks"
Got any pictures Karl ...
I now run air bags on both my Ducato work van and on our Ducato camper ....simple to fit as you just remove the bump stop and they transform the ride .
Do the LC air bags restrict flex ?

And I thought the original post was about Air Bags, as in passenger. I thought Andy was being a bit too ambitious.

"I sell a good few sets a year. Great ad on to the trucks"
Got any pictures Karl ...
I now run air bags on both my Ducato work van and on our Ducato camper ....simple to fit as you just remove the bump stop and they transform the ride .
Do the LC air bags restrict flex ?
They're said to restrict flex but I've never found it to be a problem ...

I have a set waiting to go in. In the move up north, they seem to have gotten packed with something that's not been unpacked yet though.

Anyone got any pics....?

I think I've made my OME springs sag after I towed 4 tons of Halftrack that was very nose heavy on the trailer.....it nearly put her on the bump stops.... now sits level when parked and not tail high like they normally do .

I'll upload one in a min. They are literally just red bags that go inside the springs

hope this helps

Attachments

• 20210728_081058.jpg
    20210728_081058.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 28
Back