Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear airbag replace.

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello guys I'm looking to replace my rear airbags for coil springs.
I got all my rear bushes replaced with the poly bushes.
My problem is as most members already no is rust.
My LC5 is 55plate and I have looked after it as much as possible.
My m8 has who replaced all the bushes said the two airbag sensors left and right were hanging on by a thread.
After u bolting some parts the sensors fell off the body.
He unplugged them and couldn't understand what they were till we googled the parts.
He thought they were for the electronic shocks that I have removed so left them off.
I got my car back after my bushes being fitted.
I drove it home but noticed the rear was sitting low as the airbag settings inow position.
The car drove absolutely awful as in it felt like I was bouncing on my rear shocks and airbags never worked
I had a off light flashing under my hi, normal, low on the dash so instantly new it was wrong.
I had no movement in my airbag hi, low motion.
My car drove like if I hit bump the whole back end just banged on the chassis or so it felt.
Next day he put the sensors back on and bingo the off light on the dash disappeared and car went up and down.
I thought quick fix but no chance and I drove the car again to test it.
The airbags hight on the dash says its working fine but the car is stuck in high position and the ride home was just the same as with the off light on the dash.
My m8 said the sensor seems siezed and rusted.
I can't drive it as it is as seems dangerous as I go over bumps an bouncy is understatement.
So I have decided to go to coil spring option from milner.

What do I need to convert from airbags to coil spring apart from the springs.
Do I need rubber spaces or bump stops etc as need to buy parts and replace.

Many thanks guys

Back