Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear axle leak

Luis 80

Garage
Country Flag
portugal
Hi all,

Recently noticed a small leak from the rear diff from by the disc, all indicates its the inner/outer seal.

From the seals only, this now turns out might as well look at the bearings and on both sides.

One question is, would I get away without replacing the handbrake shoes??
Likely they are contaminated with diff oil!

Got the part numbers for the seals, looking for toyota original but not much luck, anyone used the kit with bearings from millners? Are the seals as stated made in Japan ok.
90311-62002 hub outer seal
90310-35001 hub oil seal

As this work will be done in Portugal I need to make sure I have all the parts.

Many thanks in advance

Just before you crack on and start pulling things to bits, just check that the axle breather isn't blocked. As it warms up, oil can be pushed past the seal mimicking a failed seal. Pull the pipe off and shove some wire down the fitting to make sure it's clear.

Hi all,

Recently noticed a small leak from the rear diff from by the disc, all indicates its the inner/outer seal.

From the seals only, this now turns out might as well look at the bearings and on both sides.

One question is, would I get away without replacing the handbrake shoes??
Likely they are contaminated with diff oil!

Got the part numbers for the seals, looking for toyota original but not much luck, anyone used the kit with bearings from millners? Are the seals as stated made in Japan ok.
90311-62002 hub outer seal
90310-35001 hub oil seal

As this work will be done in Portugal I need to make sure I have all the parts.

Many thanks in advance
I have the above part numbers in stock, along with the paper gasket. genuine Toyota of course..:)

my brake shoes were not contaminated. luck of the draw I suppose..

Thanks for the replies.

Good shout about the diff breathers!

Pm sent to Chapel House

I have the above part numbers in stock, along with the paper gasket. genuine Toyota of course..:)

my brake shoes were not contaminated. luck of the draw I suppose..

Sorry not able to send a PM must not have enough posts or something like that .
Would you have the rear bearings also (koyo or NTN)? Do send me a pm if you don't mind, many thanks.

I'm the gate that leads to the house:)

I'll send you a pm tonight then you will be able to reply.

Cheers.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back