Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear bar snapped and torn

Mohsan

Country Flag
uk
Hi everyone do you know if I can get a part for this or can it be welded. I bought this for my dad last year and I think hes hit the kerb and the pressure has hit the rear left passenger bar in the photos. The other side is ok

Thanks

Mohsan
20200913_191409.jpg
20200913_191414.jpg
20200911_174636.jpg
20200911_153041.jpg

Ooops! First thing - this is a '90' (Colorado/Prado) not a '100' (Amazon).

That apart, it should be possible to have a new mount fabricated and welded onto the chassis.

You'll need a new lower link arm and a pair of ARB drop links.

They'll be some tidying-up needed as well.

All do-able given time and money (have you seen Toyota prices !).

Best of luck with it.

Bob.

Hi bob

Thanks for your reply. I haven't seen toyota prices yet. How can I know more about toyota prices.

How much do you think it would cost. Have you come across this type of problem before ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi bob

Thanks for your reply. I haven't seen toyota prices yet. How can I know more about toyota prices.

How much do you think it would cost. Have you come across this type of problem before ?
Not a big deal to a welder with some mechanical experience and a quick google search found these guys who might be near you MW1 - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
Thanks shayne I'll ring them today. How much do welders tend to charge you reckon?

I haven't seen Toyota prices yet. How can I know more about Toyota prices.

Moshan,

Here is the 90-Series rear suspension diagram - with INDICATIVE prices in Euros, they are way out of date but will give you a clue.

The important information is the Part Numbers.

We have a friendly Toyota Dealer who gives a (small) discount to Forum Members - give him a call, or preferably an e-mail with the Part numbers you need and he will give you a quote.

Simon Holton
Parts Manager
Steven Eagell Toyota Northampton
Ferris Row
Riverside
Northampton
Northamptonshire
NN3 9HX
T: 01604 788300
E: [email protected]
steveneagelltoyota.co.uk

90 rear Suspension-1.jpg

90 rear suspension-2.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
While cash is obviously an issue i fear Bob is perhaps accidentally making things seem more complex than they are .

First and foremost you need a welder so you have somewhere to bolt the arm to . How much it might cost is like asking how long is a piece of string , tow it into the garage behind a Rolls Royce and expect to pay thousands for the same job you can get for 100 quid if you have holes in your shoes and either way only some work to that principal .

An absolute bodge job would be to weld up the chassis and bolt the arm back in as is , it would work for a while anyway .

Sensibly you would replace all these while your at it Nolathane Rear Trailing Arms & Panhard Rod Bush Kit - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] probably using new bolts which puts it back on the road in better shape than it was before it broke .

P.S i'm guessing you have a KZJ95

Get a quote and ask here if it seems fair ?

While cash is obviously an issue i fear Bob is perhaps accidentally making things seem more complex than they are .

:lol: :lol:

Oh dear . . My "Have you seen Toyota prices" was supposed to be tongue in cheek.

However, once you start, the cost of the job can quickly escalate (unless you are just wanting to tack it together for use around a farm).

Moshan now has a lot of the information he needs to fix the problem. The only bit I would add is to say that for 'consumables' such as ARB Drop Links - go to an aftermarket supplier such as 'Roughtrax' or 'Milner Off-road' rather than Toyota.

The welding has to be precise, otherwise the axle may be out of alignment (but I'm sure that was self-evident).

Bob.

Back