Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear bumper

Daniel911

Hello all.

I'm looking into building a rear bumper for my Beast. 90 97.

I wondering if there is anyone willing to share there Plan/Drawings with me or point me in the right direction.

Regards

this is what mine is going to look like

Rearbumper9.jpg

Rearbumper6.jpg

Rearbumper8.jpg

J66P said:
this is what mine is going to look like
That looks nice but the mounts look very flimsy, maybe it's just the camera angle.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I went directly into the ends of the chassis rails. I was then able to put towing eyes in that pulled directly in line with the chassis so that the bumper itself didn't actually take any of the load at all. Design of that one looks really nice and it should be stiff too, but as with Jon, not sure about the load on the receiver against those mounts.

IMGP3747.jpg

IMGP3748.jpg

IMGP3852.jpg

Looks like we both went with a very similar design

IMGP3779.jpg

I always wondered how strong that towing eye was, seeign as I can't remember half the stuff you told me when I [s:5bb2wviv]collected[/s:5bb2wviv] prised LB from you :D

Obviously the rear tow receiver is designed for tugging on, but the eyes themselves are 20mm bolts screwed right through the member into a captive nut. The loose plate that you can see in the pic was later fully welded onto the chassis box to prevent tearing. They're pretty strong Tony.

IMGP3823.jpg

Chris said:
Obviously the rear tow receiver is designed for tugging on, They're pretty strong Tony.

I would imagine it could be safely hung up side down, with all the weight of the LC, on any of the rear tow eyes or the receiver hitch.

Chris's welds look very good

Graham

looks well nice that does Chris, any more pics for me to pinch ideas :oops:

It's all out there fella. Been posted many times on about three different forums including this one. You look to be doing very nicely on your own! Not sure there is anything you need. I went with a receiver on the tow hitch rather then building it in. I put the lights and tow socket into the bumper and made up a proper loom not crappy wiring. The ends of the stock wiring in the truck were all cut back and finished in proper waterproof multiplugs so that the bumper could be disconnected if needs be and removed I put the two 20mm eye bolts in, the rear lights and an air point from the compressor tank with a pcl coupling. That's about it really. Then a good powder coat. I used LED lights in the bumpers which gave a nice sharp effect and duplicated them up in the C pillars by modifying the unused light clusters.
IMGP3846.jpg

Job done :think:

Of course then I started the front bumper ........

Chris

cheers matey that looks very nice, really like the idea of the lights

Back