Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear bumper

Barry O'Connor

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All,

Got hit in a service station earlier today, the guy that did it waited around to let me know !
Nice bloke, very apologetic, no big deal, swap details, all good.

So I phone insurance company (the vehicle that hit me was a hire van) and the woman on the end of the phone couldn't believe the value of the truck and indicated that it might get written off !! WTF !!!!

See pic for damage caused....
So question to you guys is how much for a replacement, roughly ?

Cheers

ouch.jpg

Cover Plastic 52106-60210 On Amayama they start at just under £160 + shipping,vat etc so not cheap for what they are. You could get lucky and get one from a breakers. Karl Webster on here breaks cruisers.

If Karl hasn't, I think I might have some round the back somewhere.

My local chap would repair that and pull the dink out under the light unit for a couple of hundred... tops.

Write-off, what are these insurance company’s smokin’ these days?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to hear that Barry. Being a popular colour in the uk you could replace with an existing one saving you having to respray.

Doesn’t look like much and easy to change over yourself. Knowing this I would of asked the guy to pay me for it and save the hassle and stupidity of the insurance company.

All the best

I’ve just had something similar with the front. A lady reversed into me and twisted the bumper while I was sitting in it stationary. No mention was made by the insurers of being written off and the whole thing was handled by her insurers as she admitted liability.
Rear Enders often dent panels that are part of the body and not bolt on so can be far more work.

The longer story involved being told I could have a loan car of the same class, Cayenne, X5, etc from the day I phoned it in. Turns out it wasn’t being handled my end by my insurers but by Coplus, a claim management company who apparently pay my insurers and arrange ‘credit hire’ of a loan car for ages through Slater and Gordon who insist on using their own repairers. As I wanted my repairers to do the work, they told me the simplest way is to do it all through the third party’s insurer otherwise there soon gets to be lots of fingers in the pie.

My local chap would repair that and pull the dink out under the light unit for a couple of hundred... tops.

Write-off, what are these insurance company’s smokin’ these days?

It really annoyed me when the woman very condescendingly told me “no way a 27 year old car is worth that!”
I told her to check autotrader!

There is no dink under the light that I could see, I think it’s just the way the light reflects but I’ll double check this evening

It really annoyed me when the woman very condescendingly told me “no way a 27 year old car is worth that!”
I told her to check autotrader!

There is no dink under the light that I could see, I think it’s just the way the light reflects but I’ll double check this evening

Ah, good news if the body isn’t damaged, maybe I had the wrong glasses on :lol:

Actually I might be in the market for a pair or at the very least the chrome strip off the offside one. Mine has some glue on it from a do=gooder I lent it to attempting to fix the mudflap!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna do what you've done and fit a steel bumper.
Hi Barry, facing a similar situation. Did you have to fabricate the steel bumper? Are there any design specifications etc? Thanks.

Hi Moh, Not got round to it yet, the gaffer tape is working well and I basically spent all my cash on shiny new suspension ;)
Still undecided whether to go with a plain bumper or one that has a rear wheel carrier attachment.....

Back