Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear bumpers, 80 fitment?

dubyab

Country Flag
uk
I'm looking for a rear bumper for my 60, preferably one that can take a beating but there isn't much out there, cruiserworld do a weld yourself kit for 459 euros which is probably the best option so far, short of trying to make one myself....

https://cruiserworld.eu/parts/60-series/bumpers-chassis?prod_id=145485

But, does anyone know if the frame rails are the same width as an 80 series? Lots more choice for those.

IMG_1495.JPG

80 series rear of chassis measurement from outer opposite chassis leg.
Hope this helps.

I'm looking for a rear bumper for my 60, preferably one that can take a beating but there isn't much out there, cruiserworld do a weld yourself kit for 459 euros which is probably the best option so far, short of trying to make one myself....

https://cruiserworld.eu/parts/60-series/bumpers-chassis?prod_id=145485

But, does anyone know if the frame rails are the same width as an 80 series? Lots more choice for those.
Got my rear bumper from cruiserworld £280 ish i think it was plus the bolt kit and ends
356F6A1D-090C-4E65-B1A9-0A9E92A7399F.jpeg

Then got it powdercoated

View attachment 147568

80 series rear of chassis measurement from outer opposite chassis leg.
Hope this helps.
Very helpful, thanks Andy, mine is 106cm between the outsides so a good 10+cm narrower. Probably rules out an 80 bumper unless I can have a good look first.
Got my rear bumper from cruiserworld £280 ish i think it was plus the bolt kit and ends
View attachment 147572
Then got it powdercoated
That looks good! Seeing as mine is missing the original front bumper too I might mock up something cheap and nasty out of scaffolding pipe.

Very helpful, thanks Andy, mine is 106cm between the outsides so a good 10+cm narrower. Probably rules out an 80 bumper unless I can have a good look first.

That looks good! Seeing as mine is missing the original front bumper too I might mock up something cheap and nasty out of scaffolding pipe.

Hasn't Nick got the original bumper? He bought the winch bumper off me but it did have the original on the truck when he bought it.

Picture 025.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't remember the story explaining its absence now but i'm pretty sure it involved rust...

Is that a K5 being pulled?

Yep, my mates K5 6.2 Diesel. I thought it was your truck I was using but its not. That particular one was the last one (60 series) registered in the UK with 90K on the clock.
Whats wrong with the winch bumper?

Nice, always liked those! And yes I did think that looked a bit too clean and tidy to have been mine, seeing yours and Ben's photos make me realise they're also available in shiny...

The winch bumper is all good and is staying. I took it off yesterday and realised the superwinch husky I have just isn't going to fit so i'll look for a smaller winch.
An old galvanised field gate will be the donor for the new rear bumper.

Unless I’m reading this wrong, your chassis legs are 1060mm outside to outside and Andy’s 80 measurement is 1066? That’s 3mm of packing either side of an 80 bumper (outside only fitment of course) or a measuring discrepancy/slight bend.

Also you may well find your galvanised gate to be of pretty thin section as it needs to be light enough to move and lift onto hinges etc. They bend pretty easily when hit, run over by tractors, that sort of thing.

Andy's measurement is at 1166? 5cm each side is a bit much I think.
Good point about the gate, the top and bottom rails look reasonable, the main thing putting me off is the fumes from galv when its welded.

As luck had it I was given a Hilux rear bumper yesterday and spent an hour attacking it with the grinder until it fitted, it ain't pretty but its better than no bumper! Also removed the tow ball and mount.

full.jpg

No worries, easily done. I'll still keep an eye out for 80's rear bumpers as I'd I really like a swing out spare carrier.

Back