Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Coil Spring

mike123

Country Flag
wales
Hi my workhorse is 1996 Land Cruiser Prado, Needed rear spring change, so i bought new Rancho, Shocks Big mistake they lasted only couple Months The new spring were (Suplex ) :disappointed: evan bigger mistake So i put new Monroe shocks. i think they have gone the same way, problem is i don't know which would be the best to use I don't want to lift the back End ,jest want the Ride i had Before :grinning:how would i find the Right springs and shocks Help Please

The OEM t0yota springs are very good. Talk to your favourite dealer, or check amayama.

Pedders would seem to be a pretty good choice and helpful too.

I'd go standard Mr T. on a Collie. My D4D has a 2" lift and the V6 is low mileage standard. Guess which is far better to drive in everyday use.

Came across these this morning on Ebay coil spring -Monroe SP1950 Toyota land cruiser 90, Not sure if these are the OEM for my KZJ95 any one now if they were fitted original looked at Pedders like them bit expensive:grinning:

Hi Mike,
I ordered new front and rear springs from Rough trax in UK.
Have now pedders 2" lift on front and back.
Used them for now with the original shocks.
Front is much stiffer and handles 200% better with cornering and breaking.
For the rear i already used before springs from a J95 because of the weight of an LPG tank in the back.
Now with full LPG tank (100kg) and pulling trailer (100kg ball weight), the car stays level.
If you need more travel in your suspension, you also need the longer shocks. (driving all terrain)
And what is expensive ? break downs and accidents are more expensive !
For better advice, just call rough trax uk.
Succes
Jack
The Netherlands

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
jack Bit the bullet bought new springs and shocks from Pedders the lift is up a bit not much tows grate no complaints ride a little bit stiffer did the job on a Sunday morning :sweat: took it on Monday afternoon for MOT Passed no problem Not bad for 1996 3Ltr Prado work horse :grinning: next job Body work

jack Bit the bullet bought new springs and shocks from Pedders the lift is up a bit not much tows grate no complaints ride a little bit stiffer did the job on a Sunday morning :sweat: took it on Monday afternoon for MOT Passed no problem Not bad for 1996 3Ltr Prado work horse :grinning: next job Body work

Good job Mike !
Body work,.... let me guess .... wheel arch backside behind doors ?

Back