Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear diff lock rotten

Oli.g

Country Flag
england
Hi first post here, ive recently bought a colorado 3.0d and ive had to replace the rear diff, after removong the diff to fit the new one, the diff locks in both diffs have fell apart on removal.

I need my car back on the road asap so the garage has said they can weld a plate over the hole for the electric diff lock and oviously id have no locking diff anymore (didnt work anyway haha) would this be safe to do and last?

Im skint after all the repairs and buying a new diff so unfortunately cant justify a new locker amd i cant find any 2nd hand ones working or not.

Thank you on advance

Sorry to hear that. Hmm common problem is the rear locker. Karl or Chapel gate will sort you a new one at best prices, but in relation to second hand one, they're not easy to find in working condition.
Why did you need to replace the diff? That's a bit drastic.

The bearings had gone and was quoted over 700 pound to replace, then had them tell me that when stripping if the gears were no good id have to spend another 250. The diff was a cheaper alternative haha. Ill happily buy a non working one if needs be im just after getting it back on the road as soon as possible and if itssafe to do so if i cant find one before monday ill jave to get it plated and welded which im hoping not to do

I have one in stock and can get it out tomorrow for Saturday delivery if that helps. I'll PM you

Anyone got a faulty/non working one they would sell me? Aslong as its in one piece to bolt up

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyone got a faulty/non working one they would sell me? Aslong as its in one piece to bolt up
What are you trying to achieve mate? Just sealing the hole where the locker went into the diff housing? If so the a 2p piece and good old black silicone will do it.

Back